When you have completed the initial installation of SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview and run the Product Configuration Wizard, you receive following error
Configuration Failed One or more configuration settings failed. Completed configuration settings will not be rolled back. Resolve the problem and run this configuration wizard again. The following contains detailed information about the failure: Failed to connect to the configuration database. An exception of type System.NullReferenceException was thrown. Additional exception information: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. To diagnose the problem, review the application even log and configuration log file located at: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\16\LOGS\PSCDiagnostics_xxxx.log
The message says it all - "Failed to connect to the configuration database."
You can click on the PSCDiagnostics log file to get more insights related to this error.
Check the account which you are using to connect to SQL Server instance, make sure it has the required permissions/roles to create configuration database -
- Once the correct permissions are set, re-run the Product Configuration Wizard and it should complete without any issues.
More Posts related to SharePoint,
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- How to share SharePoint site or document with all users in organization
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- Access URL for SharePoint Tenant Admin Center (Online Office 365)
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.Net
- How to Share Microsoft SharePoint Site with Users or Groups
- JSON column formatting to preview SharePoint Online file on mouse hover
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting
- How to extend retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows and continue with Office 365
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- How to hide or remove quick launch left navigation from SharePoint Online Modern site page
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- Plug-in com.android.ide.eclipse.adt was unable to lead class Error - Android
- How to Rename a file using Mac Terminal - MacOS
- What is Bootstrap Jumbotron and how to use it - Bootstrap
- List of Java JDBC Database Driver Jars, Classes and URLs Details - Java
- Install Node on Mac Ventura 13 - MacOS
- How to display directory tree in Mac Terminal - MacOS
- Change Mouse Scrolling in Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- Robinhood unexpected server error - Android