When you have completed the initial installation of SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview and run the Product Configuration Wizard, you receive following error
Configuration Failed One or more configuration settings failed. Completed configuration settings will not be rolled back. Resolve the problem and run this configuration wizard again. The following contains detailed information about the failure: Failed to connect to the configuration database. An exception of type System.NullReferenceException was thrown. Additional exception information: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. To diagnose the problem, review the application even log and configuration log file located at: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\16\LOGS\PSCDiagnostics_xxxx.log
The message says it all - "Failed to connect to the configuration database."
You can click on the PSCDiagnostics log file to get more insights related to this error.
Check the account which you are using to connect to SQL Server instance, make sure it has the required permissions/roles to create configuration database -
- Once the correct permissions are set, re-run the Product Configuration Wizard and it should complete without any issues.
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- Update SharePoint Online List Item using REST API, HTML, Spfx, Postman
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- Create SharePoint list from Excel spreadsheet and import table
- Send Email using SharePoint PowerShell command, SMTP server
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- The service instance
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to change order of fields on new item form for SharePoint Online list
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to customize SharePoint Modern list form using JSON formatting
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.net
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- Android Disable back button programatically - Android
- [jQuery] Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined at index.html:5 - jQuery
- 3 Commands to stop Nginx Server - Linux
- How to customize SharePoint Modern list form using JSON formatting - SharePoint
- How to send WhatsApp message from your Android App using Intent - WhatsApp
- How to Use Command Prompt on a Mac? - MacOS
- Android Emulator window was out of view and was recentered - Android-Studio