When you have completed the initial installation of SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview and run the Product Configuration Wizard, you receive following error
Configuration Failed One or more configuration settings failed. Completed configuration settings will not be rolled back. Resolve the problem and run this configuration wizard again. The following contains detailed information about the failure: Failed to connect to the configuration database. An exception of type System.NullReferenceException was thrown. Additional exception information: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. To diagnose the problem, review the application even log and configuration log file located at: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\16\LOGS\PSCDiagnostics_xxxx.log
The message says it all - "Failed to connect to the configuration database."
You can click on the PSCDiagnostics log file to get more insights related to this error.
Check the account which you are using to connect to SQL Server instance, make sure it has the required permissions/roles to create configuration database -
- Once the correct permissions are set, re-run the Product Configuration Wizard and it should complete without any issues.
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Excel error - The workbook cannot be opened because it contains the following features that are not supported by Excel in the browser
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to show or hide columns in SharePoint Online List Library from
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- Special character & not working with SharePoint REST API
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- SharePoint installation error - Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
- How to add animated Gif to SharePoint Online Page
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- Failed to sync Gradle project Error:failed to find target android-23 - Android
- Calculate Area of Trapezoid - C-Program
- How to reset Mac Password using Terminal - MacOS
- Create a large dummy file using Mac OS X terminal command - Mac-OS-X
- How to Install glib on Mac - MacOS
- Change CKEditor Table Properties default width - CKEditor
- Step-by-Step: How to delete a git branch from local as well as remote origin - Git