Users receive an error while performing a SharePoint search operation - Internal server error exception. This is the only message and rest is the standard Correlation ID information. But the Correlation ID is the most useful.Analysis and Troubleshooting
Upon reviewing the ULS logs using Correlation ID, the below error message is found. Check here - How to use Merge-SPlogfile to find logs based on Correlation ID error
SearchServiceApplication::Execute--Exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800703FA): Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703FA) at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal. ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.KeywordQueryInternal.Execute() at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.QueryInternal.Execute(QueryProperties properties) at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceApplication.Execute(QueryProperties properties)
This issue does not seem to be related to permissions or configuration. Sometimes this looks intermittent. It seems some registry key has been marked for deletion but still has open handles or references.
Possibly something is wrong with the Search Query component. Now the query component can be hosted on multiple servers.
An easier option would be to restart related app pool, service on all SharePoint servers.Resolution:
Follow the below steps to resolve this issue. If problem still persists, you may need to follow up with your Administrator.
- From IIS - Restart (Stop-Start) the application pool for SecurityTokenService on all SharePoint FARM servers.
- From Central Admin - Restart (Stop-Start) the Search Query and Site Settings Service on all SharePoint FARM servers hosting query component.
- Perform an IISRESET on all SharePoint servers in FARM.
- Setup synonyms or alias or thesaurus in SharePoint
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation System Hardware requirements
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- SharePoint Designer Workflow error - Coercion Failed: Input cannot be null for this coercion
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- SharePoint 2016 error - Could not find file ManageUserProfileServiceApplicationTenantSimplified.xml
- Bypass domain name for IIS site (SharePoint)
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime
- Recover SharePoint if the SQL Server IP changes
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to enable disable SharePoint Developer Dashboard for tracing troubleshooting
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- SharePoint Server 2016 error - Failed to connect to the configuration database
- The service instance
- SharePoint Managed Metadata Hidden Taxonomy List - TaxonomyHiddenList
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse - Android
- JSON Tutorial: List of Lessons - Json-Tutorial
- Android : No Launcher activity found! Error - Android
- Set Title to Android AlertDialog - Android
- Android AlertDialog with Yes No and Cancel Button - Android
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file - SharePoint
- Get HTML table td, tr or th inner content value with id or name attribute - Html
- Center Align TextView Android Horizontally or Vertically - Android
- NOTE: This project contains resource errors, so aapt did not succeed, which can cause rendering failures. Fix resource problems first. - Android
- Android Disable back button programatically - Android
- How to make a dummy phone call from Android Emulator device - Android
- How to extract deployed WSP solution from SharePoint FARM using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Kill or force quit stuck application or process in Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Calculate Volume of Sphere - C-Program