SharePoint provides a very handy feature to store frequently used values (read Terms or Keywords) along with parent-child relationships among them in the form of Taxonomy.
The Managed Metadata Service helps in configuring the Term Store, Term Sets, and Terms.
Further documents and data can be stored in lists or libraries within sites in SharePoint. There is a special site column of type "Managed Metadata" which can be used as a lookup for MMD Term Set values. These values can either be pre-defined values or user-provided keywords.
PROBLEM - Sometimes users will see empty values while MMD value selection or the value is shown as blank for existing list items.
REASON - The reason for such behavior is because of a hidden Taxonomy list managed by SharePoint called TaxonomyHiddenList.
This is a hidden list that is not visible to users directly and is stored at the top-level site collection. It can be accessed by using this URL - http://yoursiteURL/lists/taxonomyhiddenlist. All the MMD Term values are stored in this hidden list and are looked-up from this list and shown to the users via the MMD site column. Obviously, a user needs to have minimum READ permissions in order to view items from a SharePoint list. So the common problem here is the missing permissions on this hidden list. The site owner/administrator just needs to make sure that every user is having at least READ permissions on the TaxonomyHiddenList list.
Once the permissions have been adjusted and confirmed, all users will be able to see and add MMD values in lists and library items.
This will work in most of the case. But if the problem still persists then please contact your administrator, the issue could be related to something else.
- Setup synonyms or alias or thesaurus in SharePoint
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation System Hardware requirements
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- SharePoint Designer Workflow error - Coercion Failed: Input cannot be null for this coercion
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- SharePoint 2016 error - Could not find file ManageUserProfileServiceApplicationTenantSimplified.xml
- Bypass domain name for IIS site (SharePoint)
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime
- Recover SharePoint if the SQL Server IP changes
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to enable disable SharePoint Developer Dashboard for tracing troubleshooting
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- SharePoint Server 2016 error - Failed to connect to the configuration database
- The service instance
- SharePoint Managed Metadata Hidden Taxonomy List - TaxonomyHiddenList
- Unable to load VM from snapshot. The snapshot has been saved for a different hardware configuration - Android
- Get Wifi Details : Android Programming - Android
- JSON Syntax : JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- Word count in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- SharePoint Server 2016 error - Failed to connect to the configuration database - SharePoint
- Android Alert Dialog with Checkboxes example - Android
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError android.support.v4.content.LocalBroadcastManager - Android
- [Notepad++] Remove CR Carriage Return and LF Line feed (CRLF) - NotepadPlusPlus
- Failed to install Android.apk on device 'emulator-5554': timeout - Android-Studio
- How to get Mobile Screen Resolution Width and Height programatically - Android
- Tomcat Manager Default Username and Password - Tomcat
- Turning Off Chat in Gmail - Google
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion - SharePoint
- Find Sum of two numbers - C-Program
- Struts 2 Hello World Example in Eclipse - Java