Consider a scenario where you share a particular SharePoint link with your colleagues and other co-workers. Users have a tendency to bookmark frequently accessed URLs.
For some reason, this content on this page is moved and there is a new site/page which hosts the content now. If users access this page, they will get undesired results.
It will be a good idea to redirect the users to the new page (site collection, subsite, page) when the current bookmarked URL is accessed.Simple HTML Solution
- Edit the SharePoint page.
- Add a Content Editor web part.
- Add below code in the content editor web part. Optionally you can also display a message if needed.
- This page has shifted, you are being redirect to http://code2care.org
- Save web part changes.
- Save and publish the page.
- Test the page for redirection.
<script> window.location.href = "http://code2care.org"; </script>
By doing so, the page will instantly navigate and redirect the user to the specified URL.
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Excel error - The workbook cannot be opened because it contains the following features that are not supported by Excel in the browser
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to show or hide columns in SharePoint Online List Library from
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- Special character & not working with SharePoint REST API
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- SharePoint installation error - Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
- How to add animated Gif to SharePoint Online Page
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- Python: Traverse List Backwards - Python
- How to Restart Mac using Terminal Command - MacOS
- 5 Ways to Loop a Dictionary in Python - Python
- Java: Convert Stream to List - Java
- Change the background of Tkinter label or text - Python
- How to get file path in Idea IntelliJ IDE - Java
- Jupyter Notebook add Table Of Contents (TOC) - Python
- List of PowerShell Cmdlet Commands for Mac - Powershell