Clients and developers are moving towards modern SharePoint sites. The modern experience is fast, secured, beautiful, dynamic, mobile friendly, blends with Microsoft Teams, the list goes on.
There might still be a few customers who may want to use classic SharePoint sites with Microsoft 365, for various reasons. Are you one among the classic SharePoint lovers? Well, there is way to create classic SharePoint sites from SharePoint Online.
The classic and modern SharePoint sites will coexist as per Microsoft's official statement.
✔️ Steps to create classic SharePoint site
- Navigate to SharePoint Admin Center (Modern).
- Expand Sites from the left section.
- Click Active sites.
- Click Create to create a new site.
- Scroll down and click on Other options.
- From Choose a template dropdown, select More templates.
- This will open a new tab, fill necessary details and click OK.
- You classic site will be created in few minutes.
✔️ Create classic SharePoint site using PowerShellYou can also create classic SharePoint sites from PowerShell using the New-SPOSite command(SharePoint Online Management Shell - Run as Administrator).
New-SPOSite -Url https://c2c.sharepoint.com/sites/classicSPO -Title "Classic SPO Site" -StorageQuota 5000 -Template STS#0 -Owner firstname.lastname@example.org
As a best practice, do all your new work with Modern SharePoint sites - modern pages, sfpx web parts. And plan to migrate all classic stuff to modern eventually.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- Update SharePoint Online List Item using REST API, HTML, Spfx, Postman
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- Create SharePoint list from Excel spreadsheet and import table
- Send Email using SharePoint PowerShell command, SMTP server
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- The service instance
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to change order of fields on new item form for SharePoint Online list
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to customize SharePoint Modern list form using JSON formatting
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.net
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- How to add hint text in bootstrap input text field and text area - Bootstrap
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme - NotepadPlusPlus
- Get List of all local branches git command - Git
- [Solution] macOS could not be installed on your computer OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged - MacOS
- [Solved] com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletContextListener ClassNotFoundException - Java
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows Store error 0x00000005 (Windows 8/10/11) - Windows
- How to find the path of formula Installation by Brew - HowTos