Clients and developers are moving towards modern SharePoint sites. The modern experience is fast, secured, beautiful, dynamic, mobile friendly, blends with Microsoft Teams, the list goes on.
There might still be a few customers who may want to use classic SharePoint sites with Microsoft 365, for various reasons. Are you one among the classic SharePoint lovers? Well, there is way to create classic SharePoint sites from SharePoint Online.
The classic and modern SharePoint sites will coexist as per Microsoft's official statement.
✔️ Steps to create classic SharePoint site
- Navigate to SharePoint Admin Center (Modern).
- Expand Sites from the left section.
- Click Active sites.
- Click Create to create a new site.
- Scroll down and click on Other options.
- From Choose a template dropdown, select More templates.
- This will open a new tab, fill necessary details and click OK.
- You classic site will be created in few minutes.
✔️ Create classic SharePoint site using PowerShellYou can also create classic SharePoint sites from PowerShell using the New-SPOSite command(SharePoint Online Management Shell - Run as Administrator).
New-SPOSite -Url https://c2c.sharepoint.com/sites/classicSPO -Title "Classic SPO Site" -StorageQuota 5000 -Template STS#0 -Owner email@example.com
As a best practice, do all your new work with Modern SharePoint sites - modern pages, sfpx web parts. And plan to migrate all classic stuff to modern eventually.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- How to serialize-deserialize an object in java - Java
- Android Studio : Connection Error : Failed to download patch file - Android-Studio
- Java SE 8 Update 301 available with various bug fixes and security improvements - Java
- Java: Check Internet connection on Android Device (Wifi or Mobile) - Android
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ Android Studio for all files - Android-Studio
- Unhandled exception type InterruptedException : Java Threads - Java
- How to identify installed Java (JDK) Version on macOS - MacOS
- How to Generate Self-Signed OpenSSL certificate in three easy steps - HowTos