Introduction to Zsh
zsh (Z Shell) is a command-line interpreter for UNIX, it is free to use and has some great commands and features that will allow you to get the maximum out of it to do your day-to-day work.
If you are a Ubuntu or Windows user using Bash you can get Zsh installed by following this tutorial.
The first command: print
Move to the zsh shell by typing zsh, you should see the # prompt. Let's type print hello world, you should see the output hello world printed on your Terminal console.
# print hello, world! hello, world!
- ls command: sort files by name alphabetically A-Z or Z-A [Linux/Unix/macOS/Bash]
- How to check uptime of Linux/Unix/macOS system/server using console command?
- How to create tar.gz file using Terminal Command
- How to List All Users in Linux
- How to check file permissions for your file using Linux/Unix/macOS Terminal Command
- How to exit from nano command
- How to go to the End of File in Nano Editor
- ls command sort by file size [Linix/UNIX/macOS/bash]
- scp: ssh: connect to host xxxx port 22: Connection refused Error
- How to tar.gz a directory or folder Command
- Linux: Create a New User and Password and Login Example
- How to install npm on Ubuntu
- Create and write file in single Linux/macOS command
- 3 ways to clear screen on Linux Terminal
- How to ls command to output one entry per line [macOS/Linux/Bash]
- Execute .bin and .run file Ubuntu Linux
- How to install and Configure sar sysstat tools in Ubuntu Linux
- Fix - ssh-copy-id no identities found error
- Terminal display next month Calendar
- Install Java Runtime Environment (Oracle or open JRE) on Ubuntu
- Fix - bash: man: command not found
- How to install curl on Alpine Linux
- Command to unzip or extract tar.gz file on Linux or macOS?
- How to Display content of a file in Terminal Screen?
- Copy entire directory using Terminal Command [Linux, Mac, Bash]
- How to turn off Stage Manager - macOS Ventura - MacOS
- Java SE 8 Update 301 available with various bug fixes and security improvements - Java
- How to Upload a File to Google Colab (txt, csv, json, xml, xlsx) - Google
- Fix error The tool was unable to install the Web Server (IIS) Role during SharePoint 2019 Setup - SharePoint
- How to add or remove bookmark on a line in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Installing JD Decompiler plugin in Eclipse IDE - Eclipse
- Eclipse : A java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development kit (JDK) must be available - Java
- Android Studio setup was canceled - How to resume - Android-Studio