PowerShell is a very convenient and quick way to connect to your SharePoint data, like getting site details.
But you may run into errors if you do not establish a correct connection.
PROBLEMYou receive error "No connection available. Use Connect-SPOService before running this CmdLet." while trying to connect SharePoint Online (Microsoft Office 365) via PowerShell in SharePoint Online Management Shell.
Get-SPOSite : No connection available. Use Connect-SPOService before running this CmdLet. At line:1 char:1 + Get-SPOSite -Identity https://domain.sharepoint.com/sites/samplesite ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-SPOSite], InvalidOperationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.InvalidOperationException,Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.PowerShell.GetSite
FIXBefore executing any PowerShell command, you need to connect to your Tenant first, rather SharePoint Online Service.
Use this command to connect to SharePoint Online first and then use other commands.
Connect-SPOService -url https://[domain]-admin.sharepoint.comreplace [domain] with the Office 365 Tenant domain of your organization.
You will be prompted to login with your O365 account, complete all necessary steps (like login credentials, MFA) to continue. Ensure you have right permissions to complete this action.
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- PowerShell iterate and get all SharePoint sites and sub sites
- SharePoint Online: Editing session has ended Message
- How to Share Microsoft SharePoint Site with Users or Groups
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- SharePoint 2010 August 2015 Update KB3055049 - Duplicate Document ID issue bug fixed
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- Access URL for SharePoint Tenant Admin Center (Online Office 365)
- Error when deleting SharePoint Online folder or file
- How to extend retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows and continue with Office 365
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.Net
- How to retrieve all SharePoint Online List Items using Rest API
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- Fix SharePoint PowerShell error - The term Get-SPweb is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function script file or operable program
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation System Hardware requirements
- How to create SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- Microsoft 365: How to Turn Off Delve in SharePoint Online for All Users
- Bash Command to Check IP Address - Bash
- How to URL Encode Data for a cURL Request Parameters - cURL
- How to connect to an FTP or SFTP location using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Installing AWS CLI Version 2 on macOS Sonoma using Terminal - AWS
- Save current timestamp in MySQL using PHP mysqi binding - PHP
- Create S3 bucket and upload files using AWS Toolkit for Visual Studio Code - AWS
- Path of homebrew (brew) installation in macOS Big Sur - MacOS
- How to Run Gradle Build Without Unit Test Cases - Gradle