ProblemYou receive error "The Security zone setting isn't configured correctly" while signing in to Microsot 365 Teams Admin Center via a browser (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, other).
You have necessary admin access, but still can't login.
The Security zone setting isn't configured correctly.
Please make sure these two domains are added to the trusted sites in IE or Microsoft Edge: https://admin.teams.microsoft.com and https://login.microsoftonline.com. If you are using other browsers, please close all browser winsows and try again.
Error code: SECURITY_ZONE_ERROR
Correlation ID: [Correlation ID GUID]
Time stamp: [Time of error]
Possible cause of problem
- Error occurs from browser. May work in some browsers, based on the settings.
- Network firewall thinks the domain is not safe.
- Anti virus might be blocking the link.
- Incorrect browser settings.
- Security zone is not configured for this link/website.
- The URL itself may be blocked.
How to Fix
- Trust and whitelist the 2 Microsoft Teams url's from the message in IE browser. Tools --> Internet Options --> Security --> Trusted Sites --> Sites --> Add this website to the zone
- Repeat for Edge browser.
- Try trusting the links from your anti virus / Windows Defender.
- Enabling site tracking from browser.
- Contact your IT Team or Office 365 Administrator if none of above help.
Enter these 2 links and close - https://admin.teams.microsoft.com, https://login.microsoftonline.com
- [Fix] Microsoft teams error code 503 - Failed to reach https
- Enable and reduce background noise in Microsoft Teams with AI-based noise suppression
- Cannot access files within Microsoft Teams - We are setting up your file directory
- Cannot create new Microsoft Team using PowerShell, even as Admin
- Microsoft Teams enable or disable Spell check
- Teams - You're offline. Messages you send while offline will be sent when you're back online
- Microsoft Teams Zoom In and Zoom Out Keyboard Shortcut
- Microsoft Teams meeting Full Screen mode option missing - bring it back
- Fix Microsoft Teams error We're sorry—we've run into an issue Try again
- How to enable, create and use Virtual Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- [Fix] Modern authentication failed here, but youll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 - Microsoft Teams
- How to Enable Dark Mode Theme in Microsoft Teams
- [Microsoft Teams] You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization.
- Common Microsoft Teams sign in errors and how to fix
- Users experience call quality issue, voice distortion, disconnection with Microsoft Teams call and meeting
- How to use Spotlight feature in Teams meeting to pin and highlight participant and content
- How to Join Microsoft Teams Meeting Without an Account
- How to track and download Microsoft Teams meeting attendance report of participants/students
- Microsoft Teams adds New Conversation Button
- Cannot open or preview pdf with view only and restricted download access in Microsoft Teams
- How to enable Do Not Disturb (DND) mode in Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams: Sign-in is blocked error
- How to turn on channel notifications for Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams change default language
- How to resolve Certificate Expired WhatsApp Error - WhatsApp
- [Java Threads] Should we extend Thread Class or implement Runnable interface - Java
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse - Android
- Android ListView turns Black or Flickers while Scrolling - Android
- Display Era details (AD BC) in Java Date - Java