To remove quotes from within a String in Python, we can make use of the functions such as strip(), re and replace().
Example 1: Remove Leading and Trailing Single Quotes using strip()
str_with_single_quotes = "'Hello there! How are you?'" str_without_single_quotes = str_with_single_quotes.strip("'") print(str_without_single_quotes)
Hello there! How are you?
Note: strip() function can be used only to remove the leading and trailing quotes.
Example 2: Remove Leading and Trailing Double Quotes using regex - re module
import re str_with_single_quotes = "He said \"I am not coming!\"" str_without_single_quotes = re.sub(r"\"", "", str_with_single_quotes) print(str_without_single_quotes)
He said I am not coming!
Example 3: Using replace() function to repalce both single and double quotes
import re str_with_single_quotes = "\"This isn't mine\"" str_without_single_quotes = str_with_single_quotes.replace("'", "").replace("\"", "") print(str_without_single_quotes)
This isnt mine!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
More Posts related to Python,
- How to convert int to ASCII in Python
- How to make use of SQLite Module in Python?
- Split a String into Sub-string and Parse in Python
- Python: Pandas Rename Columns with List Example
- How to run Python file from Mac Terminal
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code
- Python: How to Plot a Histogram using Matplotlib and data as list
- MD5 Hashing in Python
- Jupyter: Safari Cant Connect to the Server localhost:8888/tree
- Fix: AttributeError: str object has no attribute decode. Did you mean: encode?[Python]
- How to Read a binary File with Python
- How to add two float numbers in Python
- Python: How to install YAML Package
- Python: How to Save Image from URL
- What is Markdown in Jupyter Notebook with Examples
- How to change the Python Default version
- 33: Python Program to send an email vid GMail
- How to comment code in Python
- How to Fix AttributeError in Python
- Fix: error: Jupyter command `jupyter-nbconvert` not found [VSCode]
- How to comment out a block of code in Python
- List of All 35 Reserved Keywords in Python Programming Language 3.11
- Import Other Python Files Examples
- Python: How to add Progress Bar in Console with Examples
- 3 Ways to convert bytes to String in Python
- How to Copy all text to Clipboard in Vim - vi
- Permanently Set or Change $JAVA_HOME on Mac (macOS) - MacOS
- [Tutorial] How to Customize Notepad++ Toolbar - NotepadPlusPlus
- MacoOS - xyz is an app downloaded from the internet. Are you sure you want to open it? Alert - MacOS
- Java get day of the week as an int using DayOfWeek - Java
- How to print an exception in Python - Python
- How to fix Java HTTP java.net.UnknownHostException - Java
- [git] fatal: your current branch 'main' does not have any commits yet - Git