If you are new to Jupyter Notebook, one of the most useful things you should learn about is the Markdown apart from learning Python. It is a lightweight markup language that is supported by Jupyter Notebook for formatting text in cells.
Using the Markdown option for a cell, you can generate formatted text, including headings, lists, tables, links, images, and more.
This really helps you to add details about the cells and helps to document your Notebook in a rich way.
Getting Started with Markdown in Jupyter Notebook
The first thing you need to do is, create a new cell, and from the dropdown as you see in the below gif demo, select "Markdown"
Now whatever you type in the cell will be considered as a markup language text.
Adding headers H1 - H6
Just like we have the header tags in HTML, we have the options of headers from h1 (biggest text header) to h6 (smallest text header)
# Heading 1 ## Heading 2 ### Heading 3 #### Heading 4 ##### Heading 5 ##### Heading 6
Just add # (hash) symbol before you start writing the header. The number of # you add will result in the respective header.
One # -> Header 1
Two # -> Header 2
Three # -> Header 3
Four # -> Header 4
Five # -> Header 5
Six # -> Header 6
This will look **bold
This will look *italic
If you know how to write HTML code, you can make use of the HTML tags in markup mode.
<h1>Heading 1<h1> <hr> This is <strongbold</strong>
Have Questions? Post them here!
- tkinter - Hello World! Program
- How to install Python Specific version (3.8, 3.9 or 3.10) using Brew
- How to install SpaCy (NLP Library) on Mac
- Python matplotlib segmentation fault: 11 macOS Big Sur
- How to uninstall pip Python packages
- 3 Ways to find if element is present in a List in Python
- How to Convert Python String to DateTime Object
- Python f-strings Formatted String Literals Syntax and Examples
- Where does brew install python in macOS
- Take input argument from command line in Python Programming
- Advanced print() Function Tutorial and Techniques for Python Developers
- How to add borders to tkinter label text
- Whats new in Python 3.10 Pre-release
- Float built-in function in Python
- List of All 35 Reserved Keywords in Python Programming Language 3.11
- How to check if Key Exists in Python Dictionary?
- Read a file line by line in Python Program
- ModuleNotFoundError: No module named qdarkstyle.colorsystem [Python]
- What is the Max and Minimum Value of int type in Python?
- What is Terminal Velocity and its Formula? How to calculate it programmatically?
- Fix: TypeError: can only concatenate str (not int) to str in Python
- How to take user input from the console in a Python program
- [Fix] TypeError: str object is not callable in Python
- 3 Python program to add two numbers
- How to delete a file using Python code example
- reCaptcha Verification expired. Check the checkbox again - Html
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0 - Android
- JSON Nest Objects Example: JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database - SharePoint
- Take Screenshot on Mac OS X (Keyboard Shortcuts) - Mac-OS-X
- Fix: Unsupported Java. Your build is currently configured to use Java 17.0.5 and Gradle 7.1. - Gradle
- Fetch only content-type using cURL Command - cURL
- Java equals method - Tutorial - Java