SharePoint users receiving the error "cannot connect to the configuration database" is very common and can be fixed by starting the SQL Server service from SQL Server Configuration Manager or from Services.msc.
But what if the SQL server IP has changed? The SQL instance goes down and SharePoint FARM cannot connect it. Let us explore how to fix it.
⭐ Best Practice - Always refer to SQL using Machine Name instead of IP Address
Follow below steps to re-connect the SharePoint FARM to SQL,
- Login to SharePoint Server and run Production Configuration Wizard
- Disconnect the database from SharePoint Server
- Login to the SQL Database Server and change the SQL Database Server IP Address
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Go to SharePoint_Config database and run the following command to change the Exist database IP Address
- Find Server Name/IP Address using following command and note the ID select * from Objects where Name LIKE \'%OLD IP ADDRESS%\'
- Update Server IP Address using following command Begin tran
- Update Objects set Name=\'NEW IP\' where Id=\'corresponding ID\'
- Commit tran
- Run SharePoint Product Configuration Wizard
Have Questions? Post them here!
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Excel error - The workbook cannot be opened because it contains the following features that are not supported by Excel in the browser
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to show or hide columns in SharePoint Online List Library from
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- Special character & not working with SharePoint REST API
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- SharePoint installation error - Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
- How to add animated Gif to SharePoint Online Page
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- Splitting String in Java with Examples - Java
- How to docker remove a container when it exits - Docker
- Compare two lists in Python and return matches - Python
- [fix] iCloud - Verification Failed: An unknown error occurred Apple ID - iOS
- Fix: Unable to edit text in TextEdit on Mac - MacOS
- How to take a Screenshot on iPhone with iOS 17 - iOS
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages - MacOS
- [fix] NullPointerException Cannot Invoke findById because Repository is null - Java Spring - Java