SharePoint users receiving the error "cannot connect to the configuration database" is very common and can be fixed by starting the SQL Server service from SQL Server Configuration Manager or from Services.msc.
But what if the SQL server IP has changed? The SQL instance goes down and SharePoint FARM cannot connect it. Let us explore how to fix it.
⭐ Best Practice - Always refer to SQL using Machine Name instead of IP Address
Follow below steps to re-connect the SharePoint FARM to SQL,
- Login to SharePoint Server and run Production Configuration Wizard
- Disconnect the database from SharePoint Server
- Login to the SQL Database Server and change the SQL Database Server IP Address
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Go to SharePoint_Config database and run the following command to change the Exist database IP Address
- Find Server Name/IP Address using following command and note the ID select * from Objects where Name LIKE \'%OLD IP ADDRESS%\'
- Update Server IP Address using following command Begin tran
- Update Objects set Name=\'NEW IP\' where Id=\'corresponding ID\'
- Commit tran
- Run SharePoint Product Configuration Wizard
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- How to display only IP address using Terminal command - HowTos
- PHP drag and drop file upload tutorial using dropzone.js - PHP
- Spotify is down for iOS and Android globally - error no internet connection available, something went wrong - News
- Calculate Area and Circumference of Circle - C-Program
- Android Studio Change SDK Path - Android
Have Questions? Post them here!