If you try to run Python command on macOS 14 Sonoma on your Mac, you will get an error "zsh: command not found: python", this is because, python is the default command to run Python 2.x version from the Terminal, and Python 2.x is not pre-installed on macOS Sonoma 14.
We have python3 that is preinstalled under /usr/bin/python3 location.
% which python3 /usr/bin/python3
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on an M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Python: Convert Date to DateTime
- How to sort a List using Lambda in Python
- Python matplotlib segmentation fault: 11 macOS Big Sur
- What is Terminal Velocity and its Formula? How to calculate it programmatically?
- How to install Python 3.11 on Mac
- How to flatten a nested list in Python
- Python: Pandas Merge DataFrames on Index Example
- How to Run all Cells at Once Jupyter Notebook
- Python - Convert float to String
- How to add borders to tkinter label text
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code
- [Python] Fix: ValueError: All arrays must be of the same length
- Sorting an array using Bubble Sort in Python Programming
- How to Unzip a file using Python
- Python: Merge DataFrames Pandas Outer Join Example
- Change label (text) color in tkinter
- Convert Float to String in Python
- Fix: fatal error: No such file or directory compilation terminated
- Python: Access index/counter of a for loop iteration
- Import Other Python Files Examples
- How to install Anaconda on Mac (M1/M2 Mac)
- Python Regular Expression to Find All Matches in List
- How to Read a binary File with Python
- How to disable warnings while Python file execution
- Know current Python Version
- Spotlight Search Mac Keyboard Shortcut - MacOS
- Step-by-Step: How to install Flutter in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- How to find the installed version of Microsoft Teams - Teams
- Python: Pandas Merge With Examples - Python
- Eclipse Java: Multiple markers at this line error - Eclipse
- Add new user in Ubuntu Linux using Terminal Command - Ubuntu
- Fix: error: src refspec master does not match any failed to push some refs to Git - Git
- 7 deadly java.lang.OutOfMemoryError in Java Programming - Java