While recently working on the new Android Studio 4.X, I can across an issue where when I clicked on the activity_main.xml resource file, it did not open instead I could see a loading icon stuck in an infinite loop. I was able to resolve it and seems below could be one of the reasons if you too are facing the same issue.
If you see the above screenshot, you could see that I have two processes running, the top process is trying to download Gradle packages and the bottom one says "indexing paused due to Import "MyApp" Gradle project". So that means the project is not indexed yet and waiting for the above process to complete.Solution:
I waited for Gradle process to complete - it took ~10 mins and I was able to open activity_main.xml again :)
- Faced the same issue, I guess its because I did a fresh install of the IDE and the first run is slow isn't it?
anon 19 Sept 2020 10:32:01 GMT
- Did not work for me? What may be the other reasons for this? Can you help?
user135 07 Aug 2020 11:23:13 GMT
- Ah! Thank you, had the same issue.
user2934 02 Aug 2020 16:08:21 GMT
- Further comments disabled!
- JDK Location in Android Studio
- How to install Android Studio Chipmunk and SDK tools on macOS (2021.2)
- [Android Studio] MainActivity does not exist
- [Android Studio] Hardcoded string Button, should use @string resource
- Android Studio : Connection Error : Failed to download patch file
- [Android Studio] Could not automatically detect an ADB binary
- Show Android Studio Emulator in a Separate Window
- Android Emulator Screenshot saved location
- How to Import External Jars to Android Studio Project
- How to remove Floating Action Button Android Studio Blank Activity Template
- Error running 'app': No target device found.
- Use Netbeans keyboard shortcuts in Android Studio
- Instant Run requires Tools | Android | Enable ADB integration to be enabled
- [Solved] Error launching studio
- [Android Studio] Error: Missing system image on device
- Android Studio 1.3 beta now Available for Developers
- Android Studio : Change FAB icon color : FloatingActionButton
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed
- Delete Android Studio Projects
- Android Emulator window was out of view and was recentered
- Android Studio NoClassDefFoundError: java.awt.Toolkit
- Installing Android Studio Dolphin on Mac with Apple (M1/M2) Chip
- Android Studio : Implement abstract methods shortcut
- Check Android Studio App is M1/M2 Chip based post installation
- Android Studio: Cannot perform refactoring operation
- Linux Remove or Delete Files and Directories using Terminal Commands - Linux
- reCAPTCHA Implementation Tutorial - CSS
- FCM Messages Test Notification!!!! - Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts push alert - News
- Find Duplicate Files using Mac Terminal Command - MacOS
- Git: Step-by-Step - How to Push Local Brach to GitHub - Git
- Step by Step: Spring Boot + JPA + MySQL + Redis as Cache - Java
- How to List all Packages installed using pip [Python] - Python
- Install Java Runtime Environment (Oracle or open JRE) on Ubuntu - Linux