Below are the tl;dr steps to delete a SharePoint Site using screenshots.
- Login to your SharePoint Admin Center: https://tenant-admin.sharepoint.com
- Now from the sidebar select Sites > Active Sites
- You can filter your sites based on the below options.
- All sites - Sites connected to Teams - Microsoft 365 group sites - Sites without a group - Classic sites - Largest sites - Least active sites - Most popular shared sites
Or you can use the search option to filter.
- Select the site(s) that you want to delete and choose - "Delete"
- You will see a warning message:
This site belongs to a Microsoft 365 group. Deleting the site will delete the group and all its resources, including the Outlook mailbox and calendar, and any Teams channels. You will have 30 days to restore the group.
Click on the Delete button.
- Finally you will see a message: Site was deleted
You can restore this deleted site from sidebar Sites > Deleted sites option.
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human with a Microsoft 365 Business account on a M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- PowerShell iterate and get all SharePoint sites and sub sites
- SharePoint Online: Editing session has ended Message
- How to Share Microsoft SharePoint Site with Users or Groups
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- SharePoint 2010 August 2015 Update KB3055049 - Duplicate Document ID issue bug fixed
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- Access URL for SharePoint Tenant Admin Center (Online Office 365)
- Error when deleting SharePoint Online folder or file
- How to extend retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows and continue with Office 365
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.Net
- How to retrieve all SharePoint Online List Items using Rest API
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- Fix SharePoint PowerShell error - The term Get-SPweb is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function script file or operable program
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation System Hardware requirements
- How to create SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- Microsoft 365: How to Turn Off Delve in SharePoint Online for All Users
- How to Whitelist IP Address on GoDaddy Hosting? - HowTos
- [Eclipse] Enable or Disable print margin line - Eclipse
- How to remove or unstage a file from git staged area - Git
- How to create a SharePoint list from an existing list with same columns, views, formatting, data - SharePoint
- Install Notepad++ silently using Windows Powershell - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to Install Rust Language on Mac (macOS) - MacOS
- Auto Refresh Webpage after every x Second or Minute using Meta Tag? - Html
- macOS Ventura Login Item Added Google Chrome Notification - MacOS