Microsot's collaboration platform "SharePoint" gives you a handy feature for bulk uploads, "Drag and Drop". This feature is available with both SharePoint Online and SharePoint on-premise versions (2010, 2013, 2016, 2019).
You can easily move files and folders by simply dragging and dropping to the SharePoint Document Library from Windows Explorer.
But did you come across a case where the "drag files here" option is missing for the SharePoint document library? If yes, then let's understand the problem and learn how to fix it.
Why drag and drop is missing in the SharePoint library?
SharePoint Online - The "drag files here" feature of SharePoint Online works with HTML5 and requires software that supports HTML5, the browser. So this should work with most of the latest browsers like Internet Explorer, EDGE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari.
SharePoint 2010/2013 - The "drag files and folders here" feature of Sharepoint 2010 and 2013 requires an ActiveX control named "STSupld.UploadCtl", which should be an updated version.
How to fix missing drag and drop in SharePoint library?
SharePoint Online - As this requires a browser with HTML5 support, install the latest version of the web browser. Or install Microsoft Office 2013 or SharePoint Designer 2013.
When Office 2013 or SharePoint Designer 2013 is installed on the client computer, it installs the SharePoint Drag/Upload Control.
SharePoint 2013 - Enable ActiveX Control STSUpld.UploadCtl via manage add-ons.
This depends on Microsoft Office 2013 feature, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\STSUPLD.DLL
SharePoint 2010 - Enable ActiveX Control STSUpld.UploadCtl via manage add-ons.
This depends on Microsoft Office 2010 feature, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\STSUPLD.DLL
Have Questions? Post them here!
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Excel error - The workbook cannot be opened because it contains the following features that are not supported by Excel in the browser
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to show or hide columns in SharePoint Online List Library from
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- Special character & not working with SharePoint REST API
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- SharePoint installation error - Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
- How to add animated Gif to SharePoint Online Page
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- Configure AWS Access ID and Secret Keys using CLI on Mac - AWS
- [Solutions] Android Error in an XML file: aborting build. Eclipse SDK - Android
- How to connect to Microsoft Exchange Online using PowerShell - Powershell
- How to use Autocomplete and Autosuggestion in Shell Commands - Bash
- 16: Find the largest element in a List - 1000+ Python Programs - Python-Programs
- How to reset Eclipse IDE Code Font - Eclipse
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.net - SharePoint
- Docker MySQL Compose File with Volume Example - Docker