If you want to clear the list of all the files that you have recently opened with the Notepad++ text editor, you can do that by the following steps.
- Open Notepad++ on your computer.
- Now go to Menu: File > Empty Recent File List
- This will clear the cache for the opened files using Notepad++
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on an M1 Mac running Windows 11 VM and Notepad++ v8.5.6.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to hide toolbar on Notepad++
- Change the default Line Encoding Notepad++ (CR LF)
- Notepad++ is about to exit prompt message
- How to force quit or kill Notepad++ Process
- Add Blank Lines Between Each Lines in Notepad++
- Install Notepad++ silently using Windows Powershell
- Prettify JSON in Notepad++
- Notepad++ Convert text from lower to upper case
- Must have CSV Plugins for Notepad++
- How to lock Notepad++ tabs?
- Column Mode Editing in Notepad++
- How to change background color in Notepad++
- Notepad++ sort by name with example
- How to rename a tab in Notepad++
- [Solved] Notepad++ Menu Bar Missing
- Where are Notepad++ temp unsaved files stored?
- Notepad++: How to add Quotes to CSV File
- How to check about details of Notepad++ text editor
- How to close all tabs of Notepad++?
- How choose alternate Tab Bar icon in Notepad++
- How to copy file name and path to clipboard in Notepad++
- Change default language highlighting in Notepad++
- Add Line Number before each line in Notepad++ using Column Editor
- Go to Line Number option in Windows Notepad
- How to show End of Line Characters in File using Notepad++
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator. - SharePoint
- How to install Microsoft Outlook App on Mac - MacOS
- Android Toolbar example with appcompat_v7 21 - Android
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for macOS - NotepadPlusPlus
- Fix: bash: 127: command not found - Bash
- 33: Python Program to send an email vid GMail - Python
- Program 9: Divide Two Numbers - 1000+ Python Programs - Python-Programs
- Error running 'app': No target device found. - Android-Studio