Does your Organization have a single Domain and still requires users to pass-in the Domain name in the credentials to login (Domain\userid) ?
There is a way to bypass this through IIS (but only if your organization has a single domain).
We will enable Basic Authentication on our site which is a Challenge-Based authentication mode and will prompt the user to pass their credentials in order to login.
- Navigate to your site from IIS.
- Click on 'Authentication' under the IIS heading.
- Right click Basic Authentication --> Enable (Important - This will send the credentials in plain text, so it is recommended to use SSL certificate (TLS) if using this kind of authentication and have an https site).
- Right click Basic Authentication --> Edit --> Enter the Default domain - This domain will be passed by default and user can pass just the userid
- Now if you access the SharePoint site URL, you should be able to get in by just passing the User Id and without the domain name.
You can also use different combinations of authentication (say Windows + Forms)
Though this approach works well, it is advisable to consult your respective network and security team before implementing.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..