Does your Organization have a single Domain and still requires users to pass-in the Domain name in the credentials to login (Domain\userid) ?
There is a way to bypass this through IIS (but only if your organization has a single domain).
We will enable Basic Authentication on our site which is a Challenge-Based authentication mode and will prompt the user to pass their credentials in order to login.
- Navigate to your site from IIS.
- Click on 'Authentication' under the IIS heading.
- Right click Basic Authentication --> Enable (Important - This will send the credentials in plain text, so it is recommended to use SSL certificate (TLS) if using this kind of authentication and have an https site).
- Right click Basic Authentication --> Edit --> Enter the Default domain - This domain will be passed by default and user can pass just the userid
- Now if you access the SharePoint site URL, you should be able to get in by just passing the User Id and without the domain name.
You can also use different combinations of authentication (say Windows + Forms)
Though this approach works well, it is advisable to consult your respective network and security team before implementing.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- How to configure PDF iFilter for SharePoint
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- How to enable missing SharePoint Site Assets, Site Pages library App
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to recover SharePoint FARM if the SQL Server IP changes
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Show Hide SharePoint column in List Library form with the conditional formula
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Server 2016 error Microsoft Office Online Server 2016 cant be installed on the same machine as a Microsoft SharePoint Server product
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- Sign in as different user missing in SharePoint 2013, how to enable
- Fix error The tool was unable to install the Web Server (IIS) Role during SharePoint 2019 Setup
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint Server 2016 setup error - A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending. Restart your computer and run setup to continue.
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime
- Execute .bin and .run file Ubuntu Linux - Linux
- Android App Showing Two Toolbars Issue fix - Android
- align image at middle of div element - CSS
- Android SecurityException: Need BLUETOOTH ADMIN permissicacheNameAndAddresson: Neither user 10123 nor current process has android.permission.BLUETOOTH_ADMIN - Android
- How to extend retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows and continue with Office 365 - SharePoint
- Find and Replace Multiple different words with the same word in a text file - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to change font, apply bold or italic styles, font size in Windows Notepad - HowTos
- Cannot start Android Studio. No JDK found - Android-Studio
- The package must have at least one . separator [Android Studio] - Android-Studio
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell - SharePoint
- [Solved] Error launching studio - Android-Studio
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser - MacOS
- How to clear cache and browsing history in Google Chrome? - Chrome
- How to display only IP address using Terminal command - HowTos
- Plug-in com.android.ide.eclipse.adt was unable to lead class Error - Android
- clear is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file. - DOS
- Android Lint app_name is not translated in af (Afrikaans) am (Amharic) ar (Arabic) bg (Bulgarian) - Android
- How to create a SharePoint list from an existing list with same columns, views, formatting, data - SharePoint