Does your Organization have a single Domain and still requires users to pass-in the Domain name in the credentials to login (Domain\userid) ?
There is a way to bypass this through IIS (but only if your organization has a single domain).
We will enable Basic Authentication on our site which is a Challenge-Based authentication mode and will prompt the user to pass their credentials in order to login.
- Navigate to your site from IIS.
- Click on 'Authentication' under the IIS heading.
- Right click Basic Authentication --> Enable (Important - This will send the credentials in plain text, so it is recommended to use SSL certificate (TLS) if using this kind of authentication and have an https site).
- Right click Basic Authentication --> Edit --> Enter the Default domain - This domain will be passed by default and user can pass just the userid
- Now if you access the SharePoint site URL, you should be able to get in by just passing the User Id and without the domain name.
You can also use different combinations of authentication (say Windows + Forms)
Though this approach works well, it is advisable to consult your respective network and security team before implementing.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- How to share SharePoint site or document with all users in organization
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- Access URL for SharePoint Tenant Admin Center (Online Office 365)
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.Net
- How to Share Microsoft SharePoint Site with Users or Groups
- JSON column formatting to preview SharePoint Online file on mouse hover
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting
- How to extend retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows and continue with Office 365
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- How to hide or remove quick launch left navigation from SharePoint Online Modern site page
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- #YouMakeStrayKidsStay STRAY KIDS EVERYWHERE ALL AROUND THE WORLD Trending Hashtag - News
- Installing Native Chrome Browser App on M1 Mac Device - Chrome
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners - SharePoint
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property - Android
- Java Decompiler Eclipse Plugin - Eclipse
- Align left align text in Bootstrap - Bootstrap
- [Event Log] Android Studio performance could be improved - Android-Studio
- Open Current Directory in Finder using Mac Terminal - MacOS