[2014-12-08 17:12:27 - androidApp] No Launcher activity found!
[2014-12-08 17:12:27 - androidApp] The launch will only sync the application package on the device!
If you are getting the above error message in eclipse logs when you run your Application, then its because you have not set a launcher Activity in the apps AndroidManifest.xml file.
You need to define an <intent-filter> for the Activity tag that is the main/launcher class i.e. the Activity that has to be loaded when the app launches.
<intent-filter> has two sub tags <action> and <category>
How to resolve this issue
<application android:allowBackup="true" android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher" android:label="@string/app_name" android:theme="@style/AppTheme" > <activity android:name=".MainActivity" android:label="@string/app_name" > <intent-filter> <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" /> <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" /> </intent-filter> </activity> </application>
⛏️ Just add the <intent-filter> tag within the Activity tag that is your Launcher activity.
- Android : Duplicate registration for activity com.example.abc
- Get Wifi Details : Android Programming
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- Detect Data roaming in Android Application
- Changing Android Intent Tittle using java code
- Programmatically Send an Email from Android App using Intent
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError android.support.v4.content.LocalBroadcastManager
- Make Android View Scrollable both Horizontally and Vertically
- Force android app to run in Landscape mode programatically
- How to display Toast in a thread : Android
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android Wifi WPA2/WPA Connects and Disconnects issue
- How to set background color for android layout pragmatically using java and through xml
- The Android Virtual Device is currently running in an emulator and cannot be deleted
- SQLite Error: unknown command or invalid arguments: open. Enter .help for help
- incorrect line ending: found carriage return (\r) without corresponding newline (\n)
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Center Align TextView Android Horizontally or Vertically
- Android Development - How to switch between two Activities
- Android AlertDialog with Yes No and Cancel Button
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- Maven : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Xmx512m
- Android-Failed to install apk on device EOF Timeout Error
- Unable to load VM from snapshot. The snapshot has been saved for a different hardware configuration
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net - SharePoint
- Best free Decompiler for Java - Java
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac - MacOS
- How to come out of dquote prompt in Terminal - macOS/Linux - MacOS
- PowerShell git: The term git is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet - Microsoft
- How to clear Mac Terminal screen - MacOS
- How to know list of images available on your device - Docker
- Eclipse Error The JVM Shared Library JavaVirtualMachines does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol - Eclipse