Vi/Vim is the most popular text editor for all Linux and Unix-based distributions.
Unfortunately, Ctrl+A keyboard shortcut does not work with vim, If you want to select all the text in a file you have opened on vi editors follow the below steps,
- Press the g button twice: gg - this will take the cursor to the start of the file.
- Now Press Shift + v to move to visual mode.
- Now Press Shift + g to move the end of the last line of the file.
> gg Shift+v Shift+g
You can also use :1 instead of gg
:1 Shift+v followed by Shift+g
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Command to know the Available Memory on Linux System
- How to install curl on Alpine Linux
- How to backup a file in Linux/Unix
- Install Java Runtime Environment (Oracle or open JRE) on Ubuntu
- What is the Default Admin user and Password for Jenkins
- How to tar.gz a directory or folder Command
- Copy entire directory using Terminal Command [Linux, Mac, Bash]
- Fix: bash: ipconfig: command not found on Linux
- Command to check Last Login or Reboot History of Users and TTYs
- Linux: Create a New User and Password and Login Example
- ls command to list only directories
- bash: cls: command not found
- How to exit from nano command
- Installing and using unzip Command to unzip a zip file using Terminal
- What does apt-get update command does?
- ls command: sort files by name alphabetically A-Z or Z-A [Linux/Unix/macOS/Bash]
- How to remove or uninstall Java from Ubuntu using apt-get
- scp: ssh: connect to host xxxx port 22: Connection refused Error
- Sort ls command by last modified date and time
- Create Nested Directories using mkdir Command
- How to Exit a File in Terminal (Bash/Zsh)
- Command to know the installed Debian version?
- How to connect to SSH port other than default 22
- How to save a file in Nano Editor and Exit
- Install OpenSSL on Linux/Ubuntu
- Create simple struts2 project using maven commands - Java
- 300+ Eclipse IDE Keyboard Shortcuts for Mac - Eclipse
- 5 ways to pop out a Chat in Microsoft Teams - Teams
- How to load zsh profile on opening shell terminal - MacOS
- 33: Python Program to find the current time in India (IST) - Python-Programs
- How to Upload a File to Google Colab (txt, csv, json, xml, xlsx) - Google
- Git Revision Questions Before the Interview - Git
- Java Date Time API: LocalDateTime get(TemporalField field) examples - Java