Vi/Vim is the most popular text editor for all Linux and Unix-based distributions.
Unfortunately, Ctrl+A keyboard shortcut does not work with vim, If you want to select all the text in a file you have opened on vi editors follow the below steps,
- Press the g button twice: gg - this will take the cursor to the start of the file.
- Now Press Shift + v to move to visual mode.
- Now Press Shift + g to move the end of the last line of the file.
> gg Shift+v Shift+g
You can also use :1 instead of gg
:1 Shift+v followed by Shift+g
Have Questions? Post them here!
- ls command: sort files by name alphabetically A-Z or Z-A [Linux/Unix/macOS/Bash]
- How to check uptime of Linux/Unix/macOS system/server using console command?
- How to create tar.gz file using Terminal Command
- How to List All Users in Linux
- How to check file permissions for your file using Linux/Unix/macOS Terminal Command
- How to exit from nano command
- How to go to the End of File in Nano Editor
- ls command sort by file size [Linix/UNIX/macOS/bash]
- scp: ssh: connect to host xxxx port 22: Connection refused Error
- How to tar.gz a directory or folder Command
- Linux: Create a New User and Password and Login Example
- How to install npm on Ubuntu
- Create and write file in single Linux/macOS command
- 3 ways to clear screen on Linux Terminal
- How to ls command to output one entry per line [macOS/Linux/Bash]
- Execute .bin and .run file Ubuntu Linux
- How to install and Configure sar sysstat tools in Ubuntu Linux
- Fix - ssh-copy-id no identities found error
- Terminal display next month Calendar
- Install Java Runtime Environment (Oracle or open JRE) on Ubuntu
- Fix - bash: man: command not found
- How to install curl on Alpine Linux
- Command to unzip or extract tar.gz file on Linux or macOS?
- How to Display content of a file in Terminal Screen?
- Copy entire directory using Terminal Command [Linux, Mac, Bash]
- Reading .xls and .xlsx Excel file using Apache POI Java Library - Java
- How to download and install macOS 13 Ventura - MacOS
- Find the location of Spotlight searched file - Mac-OS-X
- fix macOS: The digital signature on the update is missing or invalid. Ventura - MacOS
- Java: TimeZone List with GMT/UTC Offset - Java
- INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE Error Android Emulator - Android
- Take Screenshot on Mac OS X (Keyboard Shortcuts) - Mac-OS-X
- How to know the current shell you are logged in? - Bash