You receive below error in SharePoint page containing DataForm web part with custom XSL applied, and also if your list contains a large number of columns.
Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator.
Correlation ID: XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXTroubleshooting
Based on the Correlation ID, search the SharePoint ULS Logs to find more information and error related to this message.
Tip - Use the Merge-SPLogFile PowerShell command (SharePoint Management Shell - Run as Administrator) to get relative logs.By digging into the logs, we get this useful error/exception - System.StackOverflowException
Reason for Error
Error while executing web part: System.StackOverflowException: Operation caused a stack overflow. at Microsoft.Xslt.NativeMethod.CheckForSufficientStack() at (XmlQueryRuntime , XPathNavigator ) at (XmlQueryRuntime , IList`1 ) at (XmlQueryRuntime , XPathNavigator ) at (XmlQueryRuntime , XPathNavigator , IList`1 , IList`1 ) at Root(XmlQueryRuntime ) at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(Object defaultDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlWriter writer, Boolean closeWriter) at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(IXPathNavigable contextDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlWriter results) at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.Transform(IXPathNavigable input, XsltArgumentList arguments, XmlWriter results) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.DataFormWebPart.ExecuteTransform(XslCompiledTransform xslCompiledTransform, XsltArgumentList xmlArguments, Boolean bDeferExecuteTransform) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.DataFormWebPart.PrepareAndPerformTransform(Boolean bDeferExecuteTransform)
Firstly, this is a known issue and a SharePoint 2010 limitation (KB 2639184 - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2639184). Secondly, there is a Hotfix (Cumulative Update) to fix this.
This happens because the time allowed for doing the XSL transformation is exceeded and goes over 1 second (default SharePoint is 1 second).
If you create a page from SharePoint Designer which includes much of XSLT, the page will take more time to open. If the page takes more than than a second to open and load, you may come across this error.Suggestions
> Solutions provided here should work - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2639184
> Another KB which describes similar issue - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2597136Resolution
You need to execute below PowerShell command in SharePoint FARM from your SharePoint Server to change and increase the XsltTransformTimeOut value (default is 1 second)
Open SharePoint 2010 Management Shell 'run as administrator'
$spFarm = Get-SPFarm $spFarm.XsltTransformTimeOut = [NEW INTEGER VALUE] $spFarm.Update()
$spFarm = Get-SPFarm $spFarm.XsltTransformTimeOut = 10 $spFarm.Update()
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx
- How to retrieve all SharePoint Online List Items using Rest API
- SharePoint workflow Canceled - Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- Sharepoint Server 2016 installation Prerequisites with download links
- Sharepoint errors were found when compiling the workflow
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- Sign in as different user missing in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- SharePoint Managed Metadata Hidden Taxonomy List - TaxonomyHiddenList
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- How to migrate SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow to Power Automate FLOW (Microsoft Office 365)
- SharePoint Server 2016 error Microsoft Office Online Server 2016 cant be installed on the same machine as a Microsoft SharePoint Server product
- Fix SharePoint 2019 installation error This product requires Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2017
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and Merge-SPlogfile
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- SharePoint 2010 August 2015 Update KB3055049 - Duplicate Document ID issue bug fixed
- Bypass domain name for IIS site (SharePoint)
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help.
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- Cannot load PowerApps form in SharePoint Online due to repeated authentication
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- SharePoint Designer Workflow error - Coercion Failed: Input cannot be null for this coercion
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- PowerShell iterate and get all SharePoint sites and sub sites
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Recover SharePoint if the SQL Server IP changes
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime
- SharePoint formula - Calculated columns cannot contain volatile functions like Today and Me
- [Solved] SharePoint System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled
- reCaptcha Verification expired. Check the checkbox again - Html
- Android Studio Native typeface cannot be made error - Android
- MySQL Error :1007 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_DB_CREATE_EXISTS) Message: Can't create database '%s'; database exists - MySQL
- Mac OS X Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine - Mac-OS-X
- Android [SDK Manager] The system cannot find the path specified - Android-Studio
- How to stop disable Facebook video autoplay during scroll - Facebook
- NewApi error : Finds API accesses to APIs that are not supported in all targeted API versions - Android
- Failed to load the JNI shared library jvm.dll - Eclipse
- PHP Script to Upload Images to Server - PHP
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Your Android SDK is missing, out of date or corrupted SDK Problem - Android-Studio
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell - SharePoint
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView - Android