You receive below error in SharePoint page containing DataForm web part with custom XSL applied, and also if your list contains a large number of columns.
Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator.
Correlation ID: XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXTroubleshooting
Based on the Correlation ID, search the SharePoint ULS Logs to find more information and error related to this message.
Tip - Use the Merge-SPLogFile PowerShell command (SharePoint Management Shell - Run as Administrator) to get relative logs.By digging into the logs, we get this useful error/exception - System.StackOverflowException
Reason for Error
Error while executing web part: System.StackOverflowException: Operation caused a stack overflow. at Microsoft.Xslt.NativeMethod.CheckForSufficientStack() at (XmlQueryRuntime , XPathNavigator ) at (XmlQueryRuntime , IList`1 ) at (XmlQueryRuntime , XPathNavigator ) at (XmlQueryRuntime , XPathNavigator , IList`1 , IList`1 ) at Root(XmlQueryRuntime ) at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(Object defaultDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlWriter writer, Boolean closeWriter) at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(IXPathNavigable contextDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlWriter results) at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.Transform(IXPathNavigable input, XsltArgumentList arguments, XmlWriter results) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.DataFormWebPart.ExecuteTransform(XslCompiledTransform xslCompiledTransform, XsltArgumentList xmlArguments, Boolean bDeferExecuteTransform) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.DataFormWebPart.PrepareAndPerformTransform(Boolean bDeferExecuteTransform)
Firstly, this is a known issue and a SharePoint 2010 limitation (KB 2639184 - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2639184). Secondly, there is a Hotfix (Cumulative Update) to fix this.
This happens because the time allowed for doing the XSL transformation is exceeded and goes over 1 second (default SharePoint is 1 second).
If you create a page from SharePoint Designer which includes much of XSLT, the page will take more time to open. If the page takes more than than a second to open and load, you may come across this error.Suggestions
> Solutions provided here should work - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2639184
> Another KB which describes similar issue - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2597136Resolution
You need to execute below PowerShell command in SharePoint FARM from your SharePoint Server to change and increase the XsltTransformTimeOut value (default is 1 second)
Open SharePoint 2010 Management Shell 'run as administrator'
$spFarm = Get-SPFarm $spFarm.XsltTransformTimeOut = [NEW INTEGER VALUE] $spFarm.Update()
$spFarm = Get-SPFarm $spFarm.XsltTransformTimeOut = 10 $spFarm.Update()
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- How to configure PDF iFilter for SharePoint
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- How to enable missing SharePoint Site Assets, Site Pages library App
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to recover SharePoint FARM if the SQL Server IP changes
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Show Hide SharePoint column in List Library form with the conditional formula
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Server 2016 error Microsoft Office Online Server 2016 cant be installed on the same machine as a Microsoft SharePoint Server product
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- Sign in as different user missing in SharePoint 2013, how to enable
- Fix error The tool was unable to install the Web Server (IIS) Role during SharePoint 2019 Setup
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint Server 2016 setup error - A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending. Restart your computer and run setup to continue.
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime
- How to screenshot on Android? - Android
- Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience ERROR CODE 0x0003 - HowTos
- zsh: command not found [fix] macOS - zsh
- Google Webmaster : An error has occurred. Please try again later - Google
- Error: LinkageError occurred while loading main class UnsupportedClassVersionError [Eclipse Java] - Java
- AlertDialog with no buttons (just text message) - Android
- Where is .zshrc file located in macOS - MacOS
- Mac (macos) startup keyboard boot sequence combinations - MacOS
- Android Display Toast on Button Click - Android
- How to update Android Studio - Android-Studio
- [macOS] NetBeans IDE cannot be installed. Java (JRE) found on your computer but JDK XX or newer is required. - MacOS
- Android Studio - Installed build tools revision 31.0.0 is corrupted. Remove and install again using the SDK manager. - Android-Studio
- Robinhood unexpected server error - Android
- How to open Notepad? - NotepadPlusPlus
- Unhandled exception type InterruptedException : Java Threads - Java
- Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CACHE_MISS PHP - PHP
- IntelliJ: Error: Could not find or load main class, java.lang.ClassNotFoundException - Java
- [Android Studio] How to locate code for activity_main.xml - Android-Studio