You receive below error in SharePoint page containing DataForm web part with custom XSL applied, and also if your list contains a large number of columns.
Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator.
Correlation ID: XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXTroubleshooting
Based on the Correlation ID, search the SharePoint ULS Logs to find more information and error related to this message.
Tip - Use the Merge-SPLogFile PowerShell command (SharePoint Management Shell - Run as Administrator) to get relative logs.By digging into the logs, we get this useful error/exception - System.StackOverflowException
Reason for Error
Error while executing web part: System.StackOverflowException: Operation caused a stack overflow. at Microsoft.Xslt.NativeMethod.CheckForSufficientStack() at (XmlQueryRuntime , XPathNavigator ) at (XmlQueryRuntime , IList`1 ) at (XmlQueryRuntime , XPathNavigator ) at (XmlQueryRuntime , XPathNavigator , IList`1 , IList`1 ) at Root(XmlQueryRuntime ) at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(Object defaultDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlWriter writer, Boolean closeWriter) at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(IXPathNavigable contextDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlWriter results) at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.Transform(IXPathNavigable input, XsltArgumentList arguments, XmlWriter results) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.DataFormWebPart.ExecuteTransform(XslCompiledTransform xslCompiledTransform, XsltArgumentList xmlArguments, Boolean bDeferExecuteTransform) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.DataFormWebPart.PrepareAndPerformTransform(Boolean bDeferExecuteTransform)
Firstly, this is a known issue and a SharePoint 2010 limitation (KB 2639184 - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2639184). Secondly, there is a Hotfix (Cumulative Update) to fix this.
This happens because the time allowed for doing the XSL transformation is exceeded and goes over 1 second (default SharePoint is 1 second).
If you create a page from SharePoint Designer which includes much of XSLT, the page will take more time to open. If the page takes more than than a second to open and load, you may come across this error.Suggestions
> Solutions provided here should work - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2639184
> Another KB which describes similar issue - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2597136Resolution
You need to execute below PowerShell command in SharePoint FARM from your SharePoint Server to change and increase the XsltTransformTimeOut value (default is 1 second)
Open SharePoint 2010 Management Shell 'run as administrator'
$spFarm = Get-SPFarm $spFarm.XsltTransformTimeOut = [NEW INTEGER VALUE] $spFarm.Update()
$spFarm = Get-SPFarm $spFarm.XsltTransformTimeOut = 10 $spFarm.Update()
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and Merge-SPlogfile
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- Sharepoint errors were found when compiling the workflow
- How to update SharePoint List Item programmatically
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- How to migrate SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow to Power Automate FLOW (Microsoft Office 365)
- Hide files and folders on Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed - Android
- Bootstrap Nav Menu Dropdown on hover - Bootstrap
- Changing Android Intent Tittle using java code - Android
- Share Image and Text on Instagram from Android App using Share Dialog - Android
- Error 404 Tomcat homepage http://localhost:8080/ not displayed - Tomcat
- Hyperlink in html (anchor tag) without a underline - Html
- Change Max and Min Value of Android Seekbar Programmatically - Android
- Channel 50 SMSes received every few minutes Android Phones - Android
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception - SharePoint
- Adding Sub Headings to Bootstrap Header tags - Html
- How to insert image into Google Sheets cell - Google
- [IRCTC] Indian railways official eRail API 1.1 for developers to get train info - HowTos
- Add Text at Start and End of Each Line Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android AlertDialog Programatically Example - Android