Notepad++ is by far the most popular text editor on Windows. It offers a wide range of features and customization options to make your editing experience more efficient and enjoyable. One such feature is the ability to lock the position of your tabs to prevent them from being accidentally moved or rearranged. This can be especially useful when you have many tabs or files open. In this article, we will show you how to lock the position of Notepad++ tabs.
Lock Notepad++ tab postion using Tab Settings Option
- Open Notepad++ application
- Go to Menu: Settings -> Preferences...
- Under the General tab, under Tab Bar check "Lock (no drag and drop)"
- Click close button.
Now if you will try to drag and move the tabs around they won't!
Have Questions? Post them here!
More Posts related to NotepadPlusPlus,
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for macOS
- How to add or remove bookmark on a line in Notepad++
- Notepad++ do not show CRLF characters
- Reduce the size of Tabs on Notepad++
- Delete blank lines in a file using Notepad++
- Fix: Notepad++ bottom status bar not visible
- Notepad++ Hex Editor
- How to show End of Line Characters in File using Notepad++
- [Tutorial] Write And Run Python Code In Notepad++ Editor
- How to install XML Tools Plugin Notepad++
- Customizing Notepad++ New Document Line Encoding: CR/LF/CR LF
- How to remove blank lines from a file using Notepad++
- Column Mode Editing in Notepad++
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- How to recover unsaved notepad file Windows 10
- How to delete all text after a character or string in Notepad++
- Setting up Cloud feature with Notepad++
- Install Notepad++ silently using Windows Powershell
- Using Document Map in Notepad++
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- [Fix] Notepad++ tab not visible (hidden)
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- Multiple line editing in Notepad++
- Alternatives for Notepad++ on Mac in 2021
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- Fix Ubuntu /bin/sh: 1: zsh: not found error - Ubuntu
- cURL Example using IP (IPv4 and IPv6) address and Port - cURL
- Failed to load the JNI shared library jvm.dll - Eclipse
- Easy Steps to Upgrade iPhone to the new iOS 16 - HowTos
- Access Windows share folder in Ubuntu Device in Network - Ubuntu
- How to open new tabs macOS Terminal - MacOS
- Create Custom Android AlertDialog - Android
- Launch Notepad++ html document in any web browser - NotepadPlusPlus