As a SharePoint admin, a common request that you may get from various site stakeholders is to add a Team Calendar on their landing page. There are a few Calendar options that you can make use of.
1. Events - A SharePoint-based Calendar
- Make sure you are in the Edit Mode,
- Now on any section where you want to add the Events web part, hover over the section and click on the + icon,
- Search for Events and click on add,
- Add Title, Source, and Category details.
- You can also add a date range to display for the upcoming events (this week, next two weeks, this month, next quarter, or a date range)
- Choose from the Layout options Filmstrip or Compact.
- Toggle to either show or hide event images.
- When all required details are added, click on Republish.
Events is a web part that you can add to your modern page of a SharePoint site by clicking on the + sign when you are editing a section on the site. Using the Events web part you can add a calendar to your page to display upcoming events such as meetings, seminars, town halls, etc.
2. Group Calendar - A Microsoft 365 Group Calendar (Outlook)
- Make sure you are in the Edit Mode,
- Now on any section where you want to add a web part, hover over the section and click on the + icon,
- Search for Group Calender and click on add,
- Select the Group Name from the Dropdown.
- Select the number for "Number of Events per Page" to be displayed.
- Once all required details are added, click on Republish.
A Group Calendar is again a web part that you can add to your modern page of a SharePoint site.
Note that a Group Calendar is associated with a Team site and so this web part only works with Team sites.
To add a Group Calender, follow the below steps,
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on an M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- PowerShell iterate and get all SharePoint sites and sub sites
- SharePoint Online: Editing session has ended Message
- How to Share Microsoft SharePoint Site with Users or Groups
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- SharePoint 2010 August 2015 Update KB3055049 - Duplicate Document ID issue bug fixed
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- Access URL for SharePoint Tenant Admin Center (Online Office 365)
- Error when deleting SharePoint Online folder or file
- How to extend retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows and continue with Office 365
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.Net
- How to retrieve all SharePoint Online List Items using Rest API
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- Fix SharePoint PowerShell error - The term Get-SPweb is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function script file or operable program
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation System Hardware requirements
- How to create SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- Microsoft 365: How to Turn Off Delve in SharePoint Online for All Users
- Permanently Set or Change $JAVA_HOME on Mac (macOS) - MacOS
- How to know the version of Teams installed - Teams
- Fix Windows Update Install Error 0x80070005 - Windows
- Path of homebrew (brew) installation in macOS Big Sur - MacOS
- Docker - Incompatible CPU detected - M1/M2 Mac (macOS Sonoma) - Docker
- How to know my IP on Mac Ventura 13.0 - MacOS
- Fix - zsh: command not found: pip - zsh
- Python: Fix ModuleNotFoundError - No module named pandas - Python