What is Cargo?
Cargo is the Package Manager as well as the Build System for the Rust Programming Language. It comes built-in when you install Rust using rustup.
How to know Cargo version?
- Open Terminal/Command Prompt/PowerShell.
- Type the command,
You should see the version details as follows,
cargo 1.71.0 (cfd3bbd8f 2023-06-08)
Note: If you see "command not found: cargo" then make sure that you have rust installed and available in the PATH environment variable.
On the Mac you can make use of the whereis or which command to locate cargo.
% whereis cargo cargo: /Users/c2ctech/.cargo/bin/cargo % which cargo /Users/c2ctech/.cargo/bin/cargo
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Rust: Cargo Init vs Cargo New Command
- Rust: Write and Run Hello World! Program Example
- How to Split a String using Rust Language
- How to Sort a Vector in Rust with Examples
- Fix: error: could not find `Cargo.toml` in Users or any parent directory
- How to uninstall Rust Language from Mac/Linux/Ubuntu
- How to update Cargo (Rust Lang)
- Fix: rust-analyzer failed to discover workspace [Visual Studio Code]
- How to install Rust using rustup on macOS/Linux/Ubuntu
- Cargo Watch: To Recompile Rust Project Automatically
- Difference between rustc and cargo build commands
- How to Split a String by Space in Rust
- How to know Rust is Installed on Mac?
- Rust: zsh: no such file or directory: ./main
- How to update Rust on Mac/Linux
- List of Rust Cargo Commands
- How to find version of Cargo in Rust
- Fix: error: mismatched closing delimiter } [Rust]
- How to convert a True/False String to Boolean in Python - Python
- [fix] Error response from daemon: conflict unable to remove repository reference ubuntu container is using its referenced image - Docker
- How to Check Installed Python version in Windows, Linux & macOS - Python
- How to stop/start/restart apache server using command [Ubuntu] - Ubuntu
- How to change background color in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App - Android
- Possible outages message Google Webmaster tool - Google
- Install Apache Tomcat ver 8 on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 - Mac-OS-X