There is no
cargo update command that you can use to update the version of cargo build and package manager for Rust language. One way to update cargo is by updating Rust itself.
rustup self update
Next, you can run the
rustup update to update the toolchain which includes cargo.
If the cargo was updated, you can check its version using
cargo --version command.
cargo --version cargo 1.71.0 (cfd3bbd8f 2023-06-08)
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Rust: Cargo Init vs Cargo New Command
- Rust: Write and Run Hello World! Program Example
- How to Split a String using Rust Language
- How to Sort a Vector in Rust with Examples
- Fix: error: could not find `Cargo.toml` in Users or any parent directory
- How to uninstall Rust Language from Mac/Linux/Ubuntu
- How to update Cargo (Rust Lang)
- Fix: rust-analyzer failed to discover workspace [Visual Studio Code]
- How to install Rust using rustup on macOS/Linux/Ubuntu
- Cargo Watch: To Recompile Rust Project Automatically
- Difference between rustc and cargo build commands
- How to Split a String by Space in Rust
- How to know Rust is Installed on Mac?
- Rust: zsh: no such file or directory: ./main
- How to update Rust on Mac/Linux
- List of Rust Cargo Commands
- How to find version of Cargo in Rust
- Fix: error: mismatched closing delimiter } [Rust]
- Create Hidden File or Directory using Shell Command - Linux
- How to add border to Android TextView - Android
- How to submit website to dmoz directory - HowTos
- Create a Database Table using JDBC PreparedStatement - Java
- How To Remove Only Conditional Formatting in Excel - Microsoft
- Microsoft Office Excel - Couldnt Open the Workbook - The workbook cannot be opened. - Microsoft
- Python raise error with message example - Python
- [Fix] ValueError: substring not found in Python - Python