If you want to install a specific version of a Python Package, then you can make use of the pip index version command to first know which all versions of the package are available.
Show the list of available versions of a Package
% pip index versions rumps WARNING: pip index is currently an experimental command. It may be removed/changed in a future release without prior warning. rumps (0.4.0) Available versions: 0.4.0, 0.3.0, 0.2.2, 0.2.1, 0.2.0, 0.1.5, 0.1.4 INSTALLED: 0.4.0 LATEST: 0.4.0
As you can see, I have installed version 0.4.0 of package rumps and have 0.3.0, 0.2.2, 0.2.1, 0.2.0, 0.1.5, 0.1.4 available.
How to install a specific version of a pip package
To install a specific version of a package, we make use of the pip install command followed by the package name and == then the version of the package that you want to install explicitly.Syntax:
pip install <package-name>==<desired-version>
% pip install rumps==0.3.0 Collecting rumps==0.3.0 Downloading rumps-0.3.0.tar.gz (33 kB) Installing build dependencies ... done ... Installing collected packages: rumps Attempting uninstall: rumps Found existing installation: rumps 0.4.0 Uninstalling rumps-0.4.0: Successfully uninstalled rumps-0.4.0 Successfully installed rumps-0.3.0
Now when I run the pip index version command, I see my installed version has changed to 0.3.0.
% pip index versions rumps Available versions: 0.4.0, 0.3.0, 0.2.2, 0.2.1, 0.2.0, 0.1.5, 0.1.4 INSTALLED: 0.3.0 LATEST: 0.4.0
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- pip install see the list of all available versions of package
- Fix - E: Package python3-pip has no installation candidate
- Fix: >>> pip install - SyntaxError: invalid syntax
- Python: How to install psycopg2 using pip
- Check If Python pip modules are outdated and New Version is Available
- Update All Outdated Modules/Packages using pip3
- WARNING: pip is being invoked by an old script wrapper. This will fail in a future version of pip.
- How to list all versions of Python Modules Available using pip/pip3
- How to install multiple Python Packages at once using pip/pip3 command
- pip/pip3 ERROR: Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 13] Permission denied
- How to upgrade pip/pip3 package installer for Python
- pip install specific version of a Python Package
- Fix: error: legacy-install-failure Python pip/pip3
- Fix Python WARNING: You are using pip version 19 however version 21 is available
- 3 Commands to stop Nginx Server - Linux
- Fix: java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException - Java
- Send Email using SharePoint PowerShell command, SMTP server - SharePoint
- Python: How to rename Index Names Pandas DataFrame - Python
- Okta Hacked - Source Code Stolen from GitHub Repo - News
- How to know docker Engine details - Docker
- [fix] Java Spring Boot JPA SQLSyntaxErrorException: Encountered user at line 1 column 14 - Java
- How to calculate SUM in Excel on Mac with Examples - Microsoft