⚠️ The declared package "com.example.package" does not match the expected package "com.xyz.package"
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem: at com.code2care.java.tutorials.MyClass.main(MyClass.java:5)
When you create an Android Application you define the package name (as java reverse domain name conventions: com.example.myapp) and your project folder (directory) must have that package name, so should be the package statements for java files what reside inside this folder.
If there is a mismatch you would get this error message.
This is not an Android Programming specific error but a Compilation error when the location of the Class has changed. If you are using IDE such as Eclipse, simply hover over the package and Select either of the two options available - "two quick fixes available"
- Move to package "com.xyz.package": This will move your class to the new package - if the package does not exists, eclipse will create it for you.
- Change package to "com.example.package": This will rename the package import statement to the current location.
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- ADT quit unexpectedly error on Mac OSX Android Eclipse SDK
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- How to take screenshot on Android
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later.
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Can't Run SDK Manager find_java.bat issue
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- How to empty trash in Android Device
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- How to share SharePoint site or document with all users in organization - SharePoint
- How to remove Siri from Menu Bar [macOS Big Sur] - MacOS
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000 - SharePoint
- Fix AWS CLI 2 SignatureDoesNotMatch Error - Signature we calculated does not match - AWS
- How to Get List of All Country Codes in Java Using Locale Class - Java
- How to fix: You will need Google Chrome to install most apps, extensions and themes. - Chrome
- Set Falling Show on Website for Christmas using Pure CSS Code - CSS