⚠️ The declared package "com.example.package" does not match the expected package "com.xyz.package"
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem: at com.code2care.java.tutorials.MyClass.main(MyClass.java:5)
When you create an Android Application you define the package name (as java reverse domain name conventions: com.example.myapp) and your project folder (directory) must have that package name, so should be the package statements for java files what reside inside this folder.
If there is a mismatch you would get this error message.
This is not an Android Programming specific error but a Compilation error when the location of the Class has changed. If you are using IDE such as Eclipse, simply hover over the package and Select either of the two options available - "two quick fixes available"
- Move to package "com.xyz.package": This will move your class to the new package - if the package does not exists, eclipse will create it for you.
- Change package to "com.example.package": This will rename the package import statement to the current location.
- Android : Duplicate registration for activity com.example.abc
- Get Wifi Details : Android Programming
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- Detect Data roaming in Android Application
- Changing Android Intent Tittle using java code
- Programmatically Send an Email from Android App using Intent
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError android.support.v4.content.LocalBroadcastManager
- Make Android View Scrollable both Horizontally and Vertically
- Force android app to run in Landscape mode programatically
- How to display Toast in a thread : Android
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android Wifi WPA2/WPA Connects and Disconnects issue
- How to set background color for android layout pragmatically using java and through xml
- The Android Virtual Device is currently running in an emulator and cannot be deleted
- SQLite Error: unknown command or invalid arguments: open. Enter .help for help
- incorrect line ending: found carriage return (\r) without corresponding newline (\n)
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Center Align TextView Android Horizontally or Vertically
- Android Development - How to switch between two Activities
- Android AlertDialog with Yes No and Cancel Button
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- Maven : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Xmx512m
- Android-Failed to install apk on device EOF Timeout Error
- Unable to load VM from snapshot. The snapshot has been saved for a different hardware configuration
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- Github: fatal: Authentication failed Support for password was removed on August 13, 2021 - Git
- Docker MySQL Compose File with Volume Example - Docker
- Informal written computer correspondence acronyms list and meanings - 2022
- Enable Eclipse dark mode - Eclipse
- [Solution] Java Error Code 1603. Java Update did not complete. - Java
- Can Microsoft SharePoint Lists be synced and accessed offline without internet? - SharePoint
- Install node on Alpine Linux Docker - Docker
- How to see Created Accessed Modified and Changed dates of a file using bash terminal command - Bash