I recently ran into the error "INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED" while trying to run my android project on Emulator,
[2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] Android Launch! [2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] adb is running normally. [2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] Performing com.example.android.MainActivity activity launch [2014-11-19 15:28:41 - AndroidApp] Automatic Target Mode: Unable to detect device compatibility. Please select a target device. [2014-11-19 15:28:42 - AndroidApp] Uploading AppName.apk onto device S0708552ae [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Installing AppName.apk... [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Installation error: INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Please check logcat output for more details. [2014-11-19 15:28:43 - AndroidApp] Launch canceled!
There was nothing wrong (no stack traces or error messages) detected in logCats, nor there was an error in the Project folder itself.
But the error message is self-explanatory to point out that the Manifest file has malformed.
So just checked the AndroidManifest.xml file to look for the reason, I found that there was a tag with no attributes, I just removed it and the app worked fine.
I hope it helps someone who is facing such an issue.
- Increase Android Emulator Timeout time
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property
- Error : Invalid key hash.The key hash does not match any stored key hashes
- How to Change Android Toast Position?
- Android Alert Dialog with Checkboxes example
- Android : No Launcher activity found! Error
- Android Development: Spinners with Example
- Failed to sync Gradle project Error:failed to find target android-23
- INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE Android Error
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- How to create Toast messages in Android?
- Channel 50 SMSes received every few minutes Android Phones
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution]
- Create Custom Android AlertDialog
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- Android Development - How to switch between two Activities
- incorrect line ending: found carriage return (\r) without corresponding newline (\n)
- Generate Facebook Android SDK keyhash using java code
- Android Error Generating Final Archive - Debug Certificate Expired
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android RatingBar Example
- 11 Weeks of Android Online Sessions-15-Jun-to-28-Aug-2020
- Download interrupted: Unknown Host dl-ssl.google.com Error Android SDK Manager
- fill_parent vs match_parent vs wrap_content
- Android : Connection with adb was interrupted 0 attempts have been made to reconnect
- How to know the current shell you are logged in? - Bash
- List of New Features in Java 11 (JEPs) - Java
- Rust: Cargo Init vs Cargo New Command - Rust
- Fix: Curl No Match Found Error - cURL
- Android Studio Change SDK Path - Android
- AWS CLI Command to Get a List of SNS Topics - AWS
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari - MacOS
- Upgrade Gradle in Android Studio - Gradle