If you are trying to build app apk file using: Android tools -> Export Signed/Unsigned Application Package option on your Android Eclipse IDE then you may get the following error message,
"app_name" is not translated in "af" (Afrikaans), "am" (Amharic), "ar" (Arabic), "bg" (Bulgarian), "ca" (Catalan), "cs" (Czech), "da" (Danish), "de" (German), "el" (Greek), "en-rGB" (English: United Kingdom), "en-rIN" (English: India), "es" (Spanish), "es-rUS" (Spanish: United States), "et-rEE" (Estonian: Estonia), "fa" (Persian), "fi" (Finnish), "fr" (French), "fr-rCA" (French: Canada), "hi" (Hindi), "hr" (Croatian), "hu" (Hungarian), "hy-rAM" (Armenian: Armenia), "in" (Indonesian), "it" (Italian), "iw" (Hebrew), "ja" (Japanese), "ka-rGE" (Georgian: Georgia), "km-rKH" (Khmer: Cambodia), "ko" (Korean), "lo-rLA" (Lao: Lao People's Democratic Republic), "lt" (Lithuanian), "lv" (Latvian), "mn-rMN" (Mongolian: Mongolia), "ms-rMY" (Malay: Malaysia), "nb" (Norwegian Bokmål), "nl" (Dutch), "pl" (Polish), "pt" (Portuguese), "pt-rPT" (Portuguese: Portugal), "ro" (Romanian), "ru" (Russian), "sk" (Slovak), "sl" (Slovene), "sr" (Serbian), "sv" (Swedish), "sw" (Swahili), "th" (Thai), "tl" (Tagalog), "tr" (Turkish), "uk" (Ukrainian), "vi" (Vietnamese), "zh-rCN" (Chinese: China), "zh-rHK" (Chinese: Hong Kong), "zh-rTW" (Chinese: Taiwan, Province of China), "zu" (Zulu)Reason :
Your Application has strings that have to be translated into other languages. You have not translated all the strings to the languages that your app supports.Solutions :
- If you wish to support the languages that are mentioned in the error message, then you need to add translated string.xml file to res folder.
- If you do not want to a string to be translated then add translatable="false" attribute to the tag.
- If you do not want certain strings to be translated then define it in donottranslate.xml under res folder.
- You can also use an attribute tools:ignore="MissingTranslation" to strings that you do not wish to translate.
How to disable Translations error messages
If you want to suppress the error message then go to,
On Mac OS X,
Eclipse -> Preferences -> Android -> Lint Error Checking
Solving Eclipse Android Lint Translation error messages
Window -> Preferences -> Android -> Lint Error Checking
Now under Category Correctness: Messages look for MissingTranslations and change its Severity from Fatal to Warning or Ignore type. Apply and you may not see these error messages ( would be just displayed as warnings if you select Severity warning)
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- ADT quit unexpectedly error on Mac OSX Android Eclipse SDK
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- How to take screenshot on Android
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later.
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Can't Run SDK Manager find_java.bat issue
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- How to empty trash in Android Device
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- How to share SharePoint site or document with all users in organization - SharePoint
- How to remove Siri from Menu Bar [macOS Big Sur] - MacOS
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000 - SharePoint
- Fix AWS CLI 2 SignatureDoesNotMatch Error - Signature we calculated does not match - AWS
- How to Get List of All Country Codes in Java Using Locale Class - Java
- How to fix: You will need Google Chrome to install most apps, extensions and themes. - Chrome
- Set Falling Show on Website for Christmas using Pure CSS Code - CSS