If you are trying to run your XML-RPC based web server and you get the following error,
XML-RPC Server Started! JavaXmlRpcServer: java.net.BindException: Address already in use error.
This means that you have already some service running on this port that you have used to deploy your web service, to resolve this issue either you have to stop the service that's running (example apache or IIS server running on port 80 or tomcat server if you have specified port as 8080).
BindException states that you are attempting to bind a socket to a port and the port is in use, or the requested local address could not be assigned.
How to kill the service on Unix/Linux based environment:
- Open Terminal
- Run the command with the port used: example: lsof -i :1081
- You will get an output with ProcessID - PID if some process is running on it.
- Now kill the process by running the following command: kill -9
(example: kill -9 4723)
- Now try to run the server you would not get BindException exception
COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME java 4723 code2care 22u IPv6 0x30asf0sdsdf 0t0 TCP *:pvusdfien (LISTEN)
- [Java] Error: Unmappable character for encoding UTF-8. Save could not be completed.
- IntelliJ: Error: Could not find or load main class, java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
- Your JBoss Application Server 7 is running However you have not yet added any users to be able to access the admin console
- Difference between using Scanner Class and String args for user input in Java
- Maven Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Java: TimeZone List with GMT/UTC Offset
- [Fatal Error] XML The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed.
- Java Split String by Spaces
- [Solved] com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletContextListener ClassNotFoundException
- hibernate.cfg.xml Configuration and Mapping xml Example
- Android : DeviceMonitor] Sending Tracking request failed! Error - Android
- Cut, Copy and Paste commands for mac - MacOS
- How to make Text in TextView bold and italic in Android - Android
- Android Parsing Data for android-L failed Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 Error - Android
- Setting Java_Home Environment variable on Windows Operating System - Java
- Share Image to WhatsApp with Caption from your Android App - WhatsApp
- AlertDialog with image using ImageView Example - Android
- SharePoint PowerShell - How to get list item by ID using GetItemById - SharePoint
- How to add border to Android TextView - Android
- Delete Android Studio Projects - Android-Studio
- list of jars required for hibernate 4.x.x - Java
- How to Change Text Size for Android ActionBar - Android
- Eclipse : A java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development kit (JDK) must be available - Java
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx - SharePoint