⛔️ Export Aborted
Export aborted because fatal lint errors were found. These are listed in Lint View. Either fix these before running Export again or turn off "Run full error check when exporting app" in the Android > Lint Error Checking preference page.
If you just tried to Export your Android Project and got the above error message. Just check Lint Warnings Window for Lint Errors.
First let's see what Lint is !
Android Lint is a new tool introduced in ADT 16 which scans Android project sources for potential bugs.
Some of the Errors that Lint looks for :
- Missing or Unused translations (language tags like af, am, ar, bg)
- Layout performance problems (all the issues the old layoutopt tool used to find, and more)
- Unused resources
- Inconsistent array sizes
- Hardcoded Strings
- Missing contentDescription
- Accessibility and internationalisation problems
- Problems related to Icon problems such as missing densities, duplicate icons, wrong sizes
- Usability problems (like not specifying an input type on a text field)
- Manifest errors
- and more ....
Each Lint error is put into a certain category like Correctness, Correctness: Message, Security, Performance e.t.c
Look for the lint error type and try to fix it. If you think that it is not an issue, then you can suppress the error (fatal error) to a warning, information or ignore type :
If you get an error like "app_name" is not translated in "af" (Afrikaans), "am" (Amharic), "ar" (Arabic) ... which is to Category : Correctness: Message, its because you have not translated the string values to these languages. By default, it is a Lint Fatal error, if you do not want to translate your app to these languages,
Go to Menu : Eclipse -> Preferences ( on macOS) or Menu : Window -> Preferences (on Windows)
In Preferences Goto : Android -> Lint Error Checking and look for ExtraTranslation under Category : Correctness:Message, and change its type from Fatal to Warning.
Similarly fix all the issues and you would be able to export your .apk file.
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- ADT quit unexpectedly error on Mac OSX Android Eclipse SDK
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- How to take screenshot on Android
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later.
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Can't Run SDK Manager find_java.bat issue
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- How to empty trash in Android Device
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- How to search (find) in macOS Terminal Console Text - MacOS
- Docker Desktop needs privileged access macOS - MacOS
- How to check zsh installed version using terminal - MacOS
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum - HowTos
- PHP drag and drop file upload tutorial using dropzone.js - PHP
- Installing Microsoft Edge on M1/M2 Mac - Microsoft
- Copy file from one directory to other in Php - PHP
- Telegram down in Europe - users facing connection issues and 500 Internal Server error - News