This is a Lint error message, which means that you have assigned the same @+id to two or more elements (Views) in your layout.xml file.
The id that you assign to the Views (TextViews, EditText, ImageViews, Buttons or layouts like LinearLayouts, GridLayout, TableLayout, TableRow, etc) must be unique or else when you would try to access them by its ID in your java code ( eg. findViewById(R.id.textView1) you may get an exception.
Just double click on the error message under Lint Warning and it will take you to the place where you have a conflict of Duplicate id. Rename it to something unique and the issue will be resolved.
Note: If you wish to have certain Views to have the same ID then you may have to suppress this Lint Error message, you can achieve this by going to Preferences -> Android -> Lint Error Checking and search DuplicateIds, change its severity from Fatal to Warning. Clean + Build your project and you may no more get the duplicate id error.
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine
- How to create Toast messages in Android?
- Java: Check Internet connection on Android Device (Wifi or Mobile)
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code
- Android RatingBar Example
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Audio Video Network protocols supported by Android OS Devices
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Check Internet Connection WIFI 4G is active on Android Programmatically
- Change Height of Android ActionBar
- Generate Facebook Android SDK keyhash using java code
- How to hide or cancel Toast message in Android Programming
- Make Android Toolbar text center aligned
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App
- How to repeat background image in Android Activity
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- [FIX] AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main - java.lang.RuntimeException NullPointerException
- Android Eclipse This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in
- How to Add a horizontal line in Android Layout
- Android Disable back button programatically
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution]
- Fixing Android unknown error 961 while downloading app
- Share Image and Text on Instagram from Android App using Share Dialog
- How to add border to Android Button