This is a Lint error message, which means that you have assigned the same @+id to two or more elements (Views) in your layout.xml file.
The id that you assign to the Views (TextViews, EditText, ImageViews, Buttons or layouts like LinearLayouts, GridLayout, TableLayout, TableRow, etc) must be unique or else when you would try to access them by its ID in your java code ( eg. findViewById(R.id.textView1) you may get an exception.
Just double click on the error message under Lint Warning and it will take you to the place where you have a conflict of Duplicate id. Rename it to something unique and the issue will be resolved.
Note: If you wish to have certain Views to have the same ID then you may have to suppress this Lint Error message, you can achieve this by going to Preferences -> Android -> Lint Error Checking and search DuplicateIds, change its severity from Fatal to Warning. Clean + Build your project and you may no more get the duplicate id error.
- Android appcompat_v7 Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name
- SQLite with Android Easy to Understand Tutorial that covers Select, Insert, Update and Delete
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming
- The Android Virtual Device myEmulator is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted.
- Android Lint app_name is not translated in af (Afrikaans) am (Amharic) ar (Arabic) bg (Bulgarian)
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property
- Copy Text to Android Clipboard Programmatically ClipboardManager
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView
- How to Change Android Toast Position?
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example
- Facebook Thanks for stopping by! We hope to see you again soon. - Facebook
- Android EditText Cursor Colour appears to be white - Android
- Disable EditText Cursor Android - Android
- Connection Failed: 1130 PHP MySQL Error - MySQL
- SharePoint Managed Metadata Hidden Taxonomy List - TaxonomyHiddenList - SharePoint
- Execute .bin and .run file Ubuntu Linux - Linux
- Possible outages message Google Webmaster tool - Google
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property - Android
- Unable to edit file in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime - SharePoint
- SQLite Error: unknown command or invalid arguments: open. Enter .help for help - Android
- JBoss stuck loading JBAS015899: AS 7.1.1.Final Brontes starting - Java
- Android Wifi WPA2/WPA Connects and Disconnects issue - Android
- Android Toolbar example with appcompat_v7 21 - Android
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine - Android