This is a Lint error message, which means that you have assigned the same @+id to two or more elements (Views) in your layout.xml file.
The id that you assign to the Views (TextViews, EditText, ImageViews, Buttons or layouts like LinearLayouts, GridLayout, TableLayout, TableRow, etc) must be unique or else when you would try to access them by its ID in your java code ( eg. findViewById(R.id.textView1) you may get an exception.
Just double click on the error message under Lint Warning and it will take you to the place where you have a conflict of Duplicate id. Rename it to something unique and the issue will be resolved.
Note: If you wish to have certain Views to have the same ID then you may have to suppress this Lint Error message, you can achieve this by going to Preferences -> Android -> Lint Error Checking and search DuplicateIds, change its severity from Fatal to Warning. Clean + Build your project and you may no more get the duplicate id error.
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- ADT quit unexpectedly error on Mac OSX Android Eclipse SDK
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- How to take screenshot on Android
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later.
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Can't Run SDK Manager find_java.bat issue
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- How to empty trash in Android Device
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- 25 Notepad++ Command Argument List - NotepadPlusPlus
- Calculate Volume of Cube - C-Program
- How to make a div tag clickable - Html
- Gmail Error Bad Request Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request - Google
- 30+ Zoom video communications application shortcuts for macOS - MacOS
- How to reset eclipse layout - Android
- How to upgrade Docker Desktop on Mac - MacOS
- Uber and UberEats App down - issues with network, login, navigation, fare price, orders - News