Recently i saw a weird issue that my friend faced with his Micromax Canvas Knight Android device running Kitkat 4.4.2 Operating System.Issue :
When we tried to connect to the Wifi (ADSL) with WPA2 Security and TKIP encryption, after adding the password and trying to connect, Wifi gets connected, Wifi Symbol appears, and in a fraction of second it gets disconnected saying saved, secured with WPA2 under Wifi Settings.
As a first troubleshooting step we removed all the available Wifi Settings (long press on each of them + Forget) and tried to re-configuring but the same issue persisted.
We tried restarting the phone, changing Wifi router settings like removing WPA2 security, setting WPA security, changing TKIP to AES etc. but non worked.
We even tried connecting to some different Wifi router, but the same issue.
There was a Antivirus Security App installed on the phone that had Administrative rights, we deleted that app and tried connecting the wifi and it worked :)
Didn't find this solution anywhere on the internet, so before trying to factory reset your phone, just try removing or configuring anti-virus applications that may be causing this issue.
⚡️ This is an old post may be contain outdated, or irrelevant to recent times.
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- ADT quit unexpectedly error on Mac OSX Android Eclipse SDK
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- How to take screenshot on Android
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later.
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Can't Run SDK Manager find_java.bat issue
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- How to empty trash in Android Device
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- Test internet speed using macOS Terminal command - MacOS
- [Solved] Dynamic Web Module 3.0 requires Java 1.6 or newer Mac OSX - Mac-OS-X
- Save cURL Command Output to a external file - cURL
- [Android Studio] Could not automatically detect an ADB binary - Android-Studio
- How to Convert CSV file to SQL Script using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- [Solved] SharePoint System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled - SharePoint
- Disable Control Scroll Zoom-in and Zoom-out in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus