Recently i saw a weird issue that my friend faced with his Micromax Canvas Knight Android device running Kitkat 4.4.2 Operating System.Issue :
When we tried to connect to the Wifi (ADSL) with WPA2 Security and TKIP encryption, after adding the password and trying to connect, Wifi gets connected, Wifi Symbol appears, and in a fraction of second it gets disconnected saying saved, secured with WPA2 under Wifi Settings.
As a first troubleshooting step we removed all the available Wifi Settings (long press on each of them + Forget) and tried to re-configuring but the same issue persisted.
We tried restarting the phone, changing Wifi router settings like removing WPA2 security, setting WPA security, changing TKIP to AES etc. but non worked.
We even tried connecting to some different Wifi router, but the same issue.
There was a Antivirus Security App installed on the phone that had Administrative rights, we deleted that app and tried connecting the wifi and it worked :)
Didn't find this solution anywhere on the internet, so before trying to factory reset your phone, just try removing or configuring anti-virus applications that may be causing this issue.
⚡️ This is an old post may be contain outdated, or irrelevant to recent times.
- Android appcompat_v7 Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name
- SQLite with Android Easy to Understand Tutorial that covers Select, Insert, Update and Delete
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming
- The Android Virtual Device myEmulator is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted.
- Android Lint app_name is not translated in af (Afrikaans) am (Amharic) ar (Arabic) bg (Bulgarian)
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property
- Copy Text to Android Clipboard Programmatically ClipboardManager
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView
- How to Change Android Toast Position?
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example
- Facebook Thanks for stopping by! We hope to see you again soon. - Facebook
- Android EditText Cursor Colour appears to be white - Android
- Disable EditText Cursor Android - Android
- Connection Failed: 1130 PHP MySQL Error - MySQL
- SharePoint Managed Metadata Hidden Taxonomy List - TaxonomyHiddenList - SharePoint
- Execute .bin and .run file Ubuntu Linux - Linux
- Possible outages message Google Webmaster tool - Google
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property - Android
- Unable to edit file in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime - SharePoint
- SQLite Error: unknown command or invalid arguments: open. Enter .help for help - Android
- JBoss stuck loading JBAS015899: AS 7.1.1.Final Brontes starting - Java
- Android Wifi WPA2/WPA Connects and Disconnects issue - Android
- Android Toolbar example with appcompat_v7 21 - Android
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine - Android