Recently i saw a weird issue that my friend faced with his Micromax Canvas Knight Android device running Kitkat 4.4.2 Operating System.Issue :
When we tried to connect to the Wifi (ADSL) with WPA2 Security and TKIP encryption, after adding the password and trying to connect, Wifi gets connected, Wifi Symbol appears, and in a fraction of second it gets disconnected saying saved, secured with WPA2 under Wifi Settings.
As a first troubleshooting step we removed all the available Wifi Settings (long press on each of them + Forget) and tried to re-configuring but the same issue persisted.
We tried restarting the phone, changing Wifi router settings like removing WPA2 security, setting WPA security, changing TKIP to AES etc. but non worked.
We even tried connecting to some different Wifi router, but the same issue.
There was a Antivirus Security App installed on the phone that had Administrative rights, we deleted that app and tried connecting the wifi and it worked :)
Didn't find this solution anywhere on the internet, so before trying to factory reset your phone, just try removing or configuring anti-virus applications that may be causing this issue.
⚡️ This is an old post may be contain outdated, or irrelevant to recent times.
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine
- How to create Toast messages in Android?
- Java: Check Internet connection on Android Device (Wifi or Mobile)
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code
- Android RatingBar Example
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Audio Video Network protocols supported by Android OS Devices
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Check Internet Connection WIFI 4G is active on Android Programmatically
- Change Height of Android ActionBar
- Generate Facebook Android SDK keyhash using java code
- How to hide or cancel Toast message in Android Programming
- Make Android Toolbar text center aligned
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App
- How to repeat background image in Android Activity
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- [FIX] AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main - java.lang.RuntimeException NullPointerException
- Android Eclipse This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in
- How to Add a horizontal line in Android Layout
- Android Disable back button programatically
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution]
- Fixing Android unknown error 961 while downloading app
- Share Image and Text on Instagram from Android App using Share Dialog
- How to add border to Android Button
- [Solved] Mic not working on iPhone 7 after iOS 14 upgrade - Apple
- ASCII to HEX and HEX to ASCII Conversion Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint - SharePoint
- Find and Replace Multiple different words with the same word in a text file - NotepadPlusPlus
- Adding Sub Headings to Bootstrap Header tags - Html