Recently i saw a weird issue that my friend faced with his Micromax Canvas Knight Android device running Kitkat 4.4.2 Operating System.Issue :
When we tried to connect to the Wifi (ADSL) with WPA2 Security and TKIP encryption, after adding the password and trying to connect, Wifi gets connected, Wifi Symbol appears, and in a fraction of second it gets disconnected saying saved, secured with WPA2 under Wifi Settings.
As a first troubleshooting step we removed all the available Wifi Settings (long press on each of them + Forget) and tried to re-configuring but the same issue persisted.
We tried restarting the phone, changing Wifi router settings like removing WPA2 security, setting WPA security, changing TKIP to AES etc. but non worked.
We even tried connecting to some different Wifi router, but the same issue.
There was a Antivirus Security App installed on the phone that had Administrative rights, we deleted that app and tried connecting the wifi and it worked :)
Didn't find this solution anywhere on the internet, so before trying to factory reset your phone, just try removing or configuring anti-virus applications that may be causing this issue.
⚡️ This is an old post may be contain outdated, or irrelevant to recent times.
- Android Alert Dialog with Checkboxes example
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution]
- auth_client_using_bad_version_title : Error Android Lint
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Android read text file from internal storage
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- [Solutions] Android Error in an XML file: aborting build. Eclipse SDK
- Android AlertDialog with Yes No and Cancel Button
- fill_parent vs match_parent vs wrap_content
- Share Image and Text on Instagram from Android App using Share Dialog
- This Toast was not created with Toast.makeText() : Android RuntimeException
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Force android app to run in Landscape mode programatically
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example
- appcompat_v7 errors after updates to API level 21 Material Theme
- Android : Duplicate registration for activity com.example.abc
- Make Android View Scrollable both Horizontally and Vertically
- Device not compatible error Android Google Play Store
- How to create Toast messages in Android
- Plug-in com.android.ide.eclipse.adt was unable to lead class Error
- Android Wifi WPA2/WPA Connects and Disconnects issue
- Android Disable EditText from Auto Focus on Activity load
- Android Constant and Resource Type Mismatches Lint
- Remove ActionBar from Activity that extends appcompat-v7
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views - Android
- Android : Class file collision: A resource exists with a different case - Android
- Error: Can not find the tag library descriptor for "struts-tags" - Java
- [Java Threads] Should we extend Thread Class or implement Runnable interface - Java
- Android : Unable to load VM from snapshot : Mac OS X Error - Android
- Sublime Add text at start and end of each line - Sublime
- INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE Android Error - Android
- INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE Error Android Emulator - Android
- Change Android EditText Cursor Height - Android
- Align left align text in Bootstrap - Bootstrap
- Android Studio : Implement abstract methods shortcut - Android-Studio
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working - Android
- Detect swipes on Android Activity - Android
- Facebook | Error : Sorry, something went wrong We're working on it and we'll get it fixed as soon as we can - Facebook
- How to copy Chrome alert popup text to clipboard - Chrome