At times the Mac Terminal may become unresponsive, in such cases, you can do a hard reset of the Terminal Window as follows.
- Open the Terminal App.
- Now go to Menu: Shell.
- Select "Reset" or "Hard Reset" Option.
We can also make use of the keyboard shortcuts.
Reset: Option + Command + R
Hard Reset: Control + Option + Command + R
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on an M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- SharePoint Open in the client application document opens in browser - Java
- Fix: Windows 11 Something went wrong - We coudnt find info for that Account (Windows 365 Business) - Windows-11
- How to Change Notepad++ Toolbar Icons and size - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to know the Python Version of Jupyter Notebook - Python
- Save cURL Command Output to a external file - cURL
- Android: Save Data in local Db using Android Room - Android
- Solution: AWS S3 CLI Command AccessDenied - S3
- Microsoft Excel Fuzzy Lookup Add-in - Microsoft