If you want to know which Python modules that you have on your local device are outdated and what are the latest versions of them available, then you can make use of a module called as pip-review.
Step 1: Get pip-review module
# pip3 install pip-review .. Downloading pip-review-1.3.0.tar.gz (6.6 kB) Successfully built pip-review Installing collected packages: pip-review
Step 2: Check the list of outdated pip modules
% pip-review certifi==2023.7.22 is available (you have 2023.5.7) fastjsonschema==2.18.0 is available (you have 2.17.1) nbconvert==7.7.2 is available (you have 7.7.1) notebook==7.0.0 is available (you have 6.5.4) setuptools==68.0.0 is available (you have 65.5.0) urllib3==2.0.4 is available (you have 2.0.3)
You can also try the below command.
# pip-review --preview-only
Package Version Latest Type ----------------------------- redis 2.4.9 2.6.2 wheel requests 0.13.2 0.14.0 wheel rq 0.3.0 0.3.4 wheel -----------------------------
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
More Posts related to PIP,
- pip install see the list of all available versions of package
- Fix - E: Package python3-pip has no installation candidate
- Fix: >>> pip install - SyntaxError: invalid syntax
- Python: How to install psycopg2 using pip
- Check If Python pip modules are outdated and New Version is Available
- Update All Outdated Modules/Packages using pip3
- WARNING: pip is being invoked by an old script wrapper. This will fail in a future version of pip.
- How to list all versions of Python Modules Available using pip/pip3
- How to install multiple Python Packages at once using pip/pip3 command
- pip/pip3 ERROR: Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 13] Permission denied
- How to upgrade pip/pip3 package installer for Python
- pip install specific version of a Python Package
- Fix: error: legacy-install-failure Python pip/pip3
- Fix Python WARNING: You are using pip version 19 however version 21 is available
- [fix] AWS S3 make_bucket failed: An error occurred (InvalidBucketName) when calling the CreateBucket operation. - S3
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct - SharePoint
- Java: Convert LocalDate to java.util.Date - Java
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App - Android
- How to get Spotify macOS App installed on Mac device - MacOS
- How to set Out Of Office (OOO) on Outlook for Mac - MacOS
- Add days/weeks/months/years to LocalDate in Java 8 and above examples - Java
- List of Useful Mac Terminal Keyboard Shortcuts - MacOS