For building Android apps, you may want to make use of Google's rich Maps and Places SDK framework, the most common use cases are as below,
Some use-cases of Maps SDK for Android Developers
- Displaying Maps to users to view and navigate.
- To Enhanced User Experience by providing visual representations of data on maps and highlighting points of interest such as display routes, and enabling geofencing capabilities.
- To integrate with other Google APIs, such as the Places API, Directions API, or Distance Matrix API.
- To option the user's current location with custom markers for location-based services like tracking the user's movement, and augmenting the map data with image overlays.
- To help app users find businesses, restaurants, and other points of interest based on their current location.
What is Maps SDK for Android
The Maps SDK lets Android Developers include maps and customized mapping information in your app. You can build dynamic, interactive, customized maps, location, and geospatial experiences for your Android apps.
SDK Link: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/android-sdk/
What is Android Places SDK
The Places SDK provides information such as contact and business hours for places such as businesses, tourists spots, libraries, gas stations, etc when your App users need it.
SDK Link: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/places/android-sdk
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Check Internet Connection WIFI 4G is active on Android Programmatically
- Android Emulator cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. [M1 Mac]
- How to Change Android Toast Position?
- Fail to connect to camera service Android java RuntimeException
- How to create Custom RatingBar Android Programming Tutorial
- Fixing Android unknown error 961 while downloading app
- Android AlertDialog with Yes No and Cancel Button
- Share or Send SMS via Android Intent
- The Android Virtual Device myEmulator is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted.
- Pass data between two Android Activities and access it using Intent
- SQLite with Android Easy to Understand Tutorial that covers Select, Insert, Update and Delete
- [FIX] AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main - java.lang.RuntimeException NullPointerException
- Android EditText Cursor Colour appears to be white
- Android Development - How to switch between two Activities
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution]
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property
- Android is starting optimizing... app 1 of 1
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError android.support.v4.content.LocalBroadcastManager
- AlertDialog with single button example : Android
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- Maven : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Xmx512m
- Android Lint app_name is not translated in af (Afrikaans) am (Amharic) ar (Arabic) bg (Bulgarian)
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming
- How to Download and Install Android adb Tool on Linux, Mac or Windows
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- How to list all files and folders in a folder using Python - Python
- PowerShell git: The term git is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet - Microsoft
- How to close tabs on Notepad++ on Click? - NotepadPlusPlus
- PowerShell: How to Get Folder Size - Powershell
- Teams - You're offline. Messages you send while offline will be sent when you're back online - Teams
- Python: Determine Variable Type Example - Python
- Remove mailto link from Microsoft 365 Word Document Email Text - Microsoft
- Move from Zsh to Bash shell macOS - MacOS