If you are using Google Play service API for your Android Project, and when you try to Export Signed Android Application, you may get such an error message "auth_client_using_bad_version_title". And your res folder may show up errors. Reading the error description gives us some hints.
Description : "auth_client_using_bad_version_title" is translated here but not found in default locale
Issue: Checks for translations that appear to be unused (no default language string) Id: ExtraTranslation
If a string appears in a specific language translation file, but there is no corresponding string in the default locale, then this string is probably unused. (It's technically possible that your application is only intended to run in a specific locale, but it's still a good idea to provide a fallback.).
Note that these strings can lead to crashes if the string is looked up on any locale not providing a translation, so it's important to clean them up.
Resolving this issue
Depending upon the languages that you have set for your Project you need to place auth_strings.xml files from values folder from google-play-services-lib library folder to you project values folder.
Suppressing this error message
If you want to suppress this error message,
For Eclipse running on Windows OS,
- Goto Window- > Preferences -> Android -> Lint Error Checking -> Correctness: Messages
- Now Select Extra Translations and make it from Fatal to Warning.
- Goto : Eclipse -> Preferences -> Android -> Lint Error Checking -> Correctness: Messages Now Select Extra Translations and make it from Fatal to Warning.
For Eclipse running on Mac OSX,
Now if you try to build your apk for the project folder you will not get this error message, instead, it will be showed as a warning.
- Share or Send SMS via Android Intent
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError android.support.v4.content.LocalBroadcastManager
- Fixed Length Android Edittext
- Error:The SDK Build Tools revision (XX.X.X) is too low for project. Minimum required is XX.X.X
- Android Emulator] ##KBD: Full queue, lose event Error Logs
- Pass data between two Android Activities and access it using Intent
- AlertDialog with no buttons (just text message)
- Android Eclipse This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in
- Can't Run SDK Manager find_java.bat issue
- Android Studio Native typeface cannot be made error
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error - Android
- Eclipse : The type java.lang.CharSequence cannot be resolved. Indirectly referenced from required .class files - Java
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later. - Android
- How to repeat tile background image in Android Activity - Android
- How to change Android Button Color using xml attribute and programatically using java - Android
- Maven : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Xmx512m - Android
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell - SharePoint
- How to find AUTO_INCREMENT fileds value in mysql table - MySQL
- Unable to connect to the Internet : Google Chrome - Chrome
- java.io.IOException: Unable to locate resource handler.properties - Java
- Redirect page using jQuery - jQuery
- Android Studio : Build Tools 23.0.0 rc1 is deprecated - Android-Studio
- Eclipse : This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in - Eclipse