If you are using Google Play service API for your Android Project, and when you try to Export Signed Android Application, you may get such an error message "auth_client_using_bad_version_title". And your res folder may show up errors. Reading the error description gives us some hints.
Description : "auth_client_using_bad_version_title" is translated here but not found in default locale
Issue: Checks for translations that appear to be unused (no default language string) Id: ExtraTranslation
If a string appears in a specific language translation file, but there is no corresponding string in the default locale, then this string is probably unused. (It's technically possible that your application is only intended to run in a specific locale, but it's still a good idea to provide a fallback.).
Note that these strings can lead to crashes if the string is looked up on any locale not providing a translation, so it's important to clean them up.
Resolving this issue
Depending upon the languages that you have set for your Project you need to place auth_strings.xml files from values folder from google-play-services-lib library folder to you project values folder.
Suppressing this error message
If you want to suppress this error message,
For Eclipse running on Windows OS,
- Goto Window- > Preferences -> Android -> Lint Error Checking -> Correctness: Messages
- Now Select Extra Translations and make it from Fatal to Warning.
- Goto : Eclipse -> Preferences -> Android -> Lint Error Checking -> Correctness: Messages Now Select Extra Translations and make it from Fatal to Warning.
For Eclipse running on Mac OSX,
Now if you try to build your apk for the project folder you will not get this error message, instead, it will be showed as a warning.
- Android : Duplicate registration for activity com.example.abc
- Get Wifi Details : Android Programming
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- Detect Data roaming in Android Application
- Changing Android Intent Tittle using java code
- Programmatically Send an Email from Android App using Intent
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError android.support.v4.content.LocalBroadcastManager
- Make Android View Scrollable both Horizontally and Vertically
- Force android app to run in Landscape mode programatically
- How to display Toast in a thread : Android
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android Wifi WPA2/WPA Connects and Disconnects issue
- How to set background color for android layout pragmatically using java and through xml
- The Android Virtual Device is currently running in an emulator and cannot be deleted
- SQLite Error: unknown command or invalid arguments: open. Enter .help for help
- incorrect line ending: found carriage return (\r) without corresponding newline (\n)
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Center Align TextView Android Horizontally or Vertically
- Android Development - How to switch between two Activities
- Android AlertDialog with Yes No and Cancel Button
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- Maven : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Xmx512m
- Android-Failed to install apk on device EOF Timeout Error
- Unable to load VM from snapshot. The snapshot has been saved for a different hardware configuration
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- PHP Code for sending Emails - PHP
- Change CKEditor Table Properties default width - CKEditor
- Set Custom Background Wallpaper on Mac Terminal (macOS Ventura) - MacOS
- Share image and text Twitter using your Android Application Programatically - Twitter
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting - SharePoint
- How to check about details of Notepad++ text editor - NotepadPlusPlus
- Install Cygwin on Windows PC to learn Objective-C - Objective-C
- Installing vue.js in Laravel 8 - PHP