If you are using Google Play service API for your Android Project, and when you try to Export Signed Android Application, you may get such an error message "auth_client_using_bad_version_title". And your res folder may show up errors. Reading the error description gives us some hints.
Description : "auth_client_using_bad_version_title" is translated here but not found in default locale
Issue: Checks for translations that appear to be unused (no default language string) Id: ExtraTranslation
If a string appears in a specific language translation file, but there is no corresponding string in the default locale, then this string is probably unused. (It's technically possible that your application is only intended to run in a specific locale, but it's still a good idea to provide a fallback.).
Note that these strings can lead to crashes if the string is looked up on any locale not providing a translation, so it's important to clean them up.
Resolving this issue
Depending upon the languages that you have set for your Project you need to place auth_strings.xml files from values folder from google-play-services-lib library folder to you project values folder.
Suppressing this error message
If you want to suppress this error message,
For Eclipse running on Windows OS,
- Goto Window- > Preferences -> Android -> Lint Error Checking -> Correctness: Messages
- Now Select Extra Translations and make it from Fatal to Warning.
- Goto : Eclipse -> Preferences -> Android -> Lint Error Checking -> Correctness: Messages Now Select Extra Translations and make it from Fatal to Warning.
For Eclipse running on Mac OSX,
Now if you try to build your apk for the project folder you will not get this error message, instead, it will be showed as a warning.
- Android Alert Dialog with Checkboxes example
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution]
- auth_client_using_bad_version_title : Error Android Lint
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Android read text file from internal storage
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- [Solutions] Android Error in an XML file: aborting build. Eclipse SDK
- Android AlertDialog with Yes No and Cancel Button
- fill_parent vs match_parent vs wrap_content
- Share Image and Text on Instagram from Android App using Share Dialog
- This Toast was not created with Toast.makeText() : Android RuntimeException
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Force android app to run in Landscape mode programatically
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example
- appcompat_v7 errors after updates to API level 21 Material Theme
- Android : Duplicate registration for activity com.example.abc
- Make Android View Scrollable both Horizontally and Vertically
- Device not compatible error Android Google Play Store
- How to create Toast messages in Android
- Plug-in com.android.ide.eclipse.adt was unable to lead class Error
- Android Wifi WPA2/WPA Connects and Disconnects issue
- Android Disable EditText from Auto Focus on Activity load
- Android Constant and Resource Type Mismatches Lint
- Remove ActionBar from Activity that extends appcompat-v7
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App
- Android Emulator] ##KBD: Full queue, lose event Error Logs - Android
- PHP drag and drop file upload tutorial using dropzone.js - PHP
- Column Mode Editing in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Gmail Unable to upload because it is a folder or a package (like an application bundle or RTFD document) - HowTos
- Android Shared Preferences API tutorial - Android
- Notepad++ Dark Theme - NotepadPlusPlus
- Change Mouse Scrolling in Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- Android Studio java.net.NoRouteToHostException - Android-Studio
- Error : Invalid key hash.The key hash does not match any stored key hashes - Android
- JSON Schema and Hyper-Schema : JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher - SharePoint
- Remove Trailing zeros BigDecimal Java - Java
- Android Studio : Connection Error : Failed to download patch file - Android-Studio
- Find Java JRE Installation location Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- Go to Line Number option in Windows Notepad - NotepadPlusPlus