If you are using Google Play service API for your Android Project, and when you try to Export Signed Android Application, you may get such an error message "auth_client_using_bad_version_title". And your res folder may show up errors. Reading the error description gives us some hints.
Description : "auth_client_using_bad_version_title" is translated here but not found in default locale
Issue: Checks for translations that appear to be unused (no default language string) Id: ExtraTranslation
If a string appears in a specific language translation file, but there is no corresponding string in the default locale, then this string is probably unused. (It's technically possible that your application is only intended to run in a specific locale, but it's still a good idea to provide a fallback.).
Note that these strings can lead to crashes if the string is looked up on any locale not providing a translation, so it's important to clean them up.
Resolving this issue
Depending upon the languages that you have set for your Project you need to place auth_strings.xml files from values folder from google-play-services-lib library folder to you project values folder.
Suppressing this error message
If you want to suppress this error message,
For Eclipse running on Windows OS,
- Goto Window- > Preferences -> Android -> Lint Error Checking -> Correctness: Messages
- Now Select Extra Translations and make it from Fatal to Warning.
- Goto : Eclipse -> Preferences -> Android -> Lint Error Checking -> Correctness: Messages Now Select Extra Translations and make it from Fatal to Warning.
For Eclipse running on Mac OSX,
Now if you try to build your apk for the project folder you will not get this error message, instead, it will be showed as a warning.
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android Development - How to switch between two Activities
- Download interrupted: Unknown Host dl-ssl.google.com Error Android SDK Manager
- Android : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException File contains a path separator
- Programmatically Send an Email from Android App using Intent
- How to make a Android button act as a toggle button
- The Android Virtual Device is currently running in an emulator and cannot be deleted
- How to add Back Button on Toolbar in Android [Tutorial]
- Change Height of Android ActionBar
- How to change TextView or EditText Text Color on Focus and on Press
- How to create Toast messages in Android?
- Create Custom Toast Android Programming
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming
- Create Custom Android AlertDialog
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code
- Android-Failed to install apk on device EOF Timeout Error
- Fixed Length Android Edittext
- Programmatically check if Facebook is installed on Android device
- Generate Facebook Android SDK keyhash using java code
- Change Android Toast background color
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- AlertDialog with image using ImageView Example
- How to take a screenshot of android emulator (AVD) screen
- Android EditText Cursor Colour appears to be white
- How to integrate Salesforce CRM Sales and Service with Microsoft Teams - Teams
- MySQL 1005 Error : SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_TABLE) Message: Can't create table '%s' (errno: 150) - MySQL
- How to change Android Button Color using xml attribute and programatically using java - Android
- Java location in Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell - SharePoint
- SharePoint installation error - Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 - SharePoint
- [Eclipse] Locate Preferences in macOS - MacOS
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed - Android-Studio
- How to Change Text Size for Android ActionBar - Android
- Find the location of Spotlight searched file - Mac-OS-X
- Enable Dark Mode in Google Search - Google
- Graph API error when querying BookingBusinesses - ErrorExceededFindCountLimit, The GetBookingMailboxes request returned too many results - Microsoft
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library - SharePoint
- 🎃 Trending, Popular Halloween hashtags for year 2020 🎃 [Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat] - Hashtags
- How to See Hidden Folders and Files on macOS - Mac-OS-X
- Vertical align two div's in Bootstrap [HTML CSS] - Bootstrap
- [Tutorial] Write And Run Python Code In Notepad++ Editor - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android Disable back button programatically - Android