If you are using Google Play service API for your Android Project, and when you try to Export Signed Android Application, you may get such an error message "auth_client_using_bad_version_title". And your res folder may show up errors. Reading the error description gives us some hints.
Description : "auth_client_using_bad_version_title" is translated here but not found in default locale
Issue: Checks for translations that appear to be unused (no default language string) Id: ExtraTranslation
If a string appears in a specific language translation file, but there is no corresponding string in the default locale, then this string is probably unused. (It's technically possible that your application is only intended to run in a specific locale, but it's still a good idea to provide a fallback.).
Note that these strings can lead to crashes if the string is looked up on any locale not providing a translation, so it's important to clean them up.
Resolving this issue
Depending upon the languages that you have set for your Project you need to place auth_strings.xml files from values folder from google-play-services-lib library folder to you project values folder.
Suppressing this error message
If you want to suppress this error message,
For Eclipse running on Windows OS,
- Goto Window- > Preferences -> Android -> Lint Error Checking -> Correctness: Messages
- Now Select Extra Translations and make it from Fatal to Warning.
- Goto : Eclipse -> Preferences -> Android -> Lint Error Checking -> Correctness: Messages Now Select Extra Translations and make it from Fatal to Warning.
For Eclipse running on Mac OSX,
Now if you try to build your apk for the project folder you will not get this error message, instead, it will be showed as a warning.
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- ADT quit unexpectedly error on Mac OSX Android Eclipse SDK
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- How to take screenshot on Android
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later.
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Can't Run SDK Manager find_java.bat issue
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- How to empty trash in Android Device
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- How to List all Packages installed using pip [Python] - Python
- Android App Showing Two Toolbars Issue fix - Android
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name - SharePoint
- Install Native Golang on M1/M2 ARM based Mac - MacOS
- Fetch More then 10 Links Per Page in Google Search Result - Google
- git command to remove/unstage files from staging area - Git
- How to create volume in Docker using Command - Docker
- How to Install MongoDB in VSCode - HowTos