If you are using Google Play service API for your Android Project, and when you try to Export Signed Android Application, you may get such an error message "auth_client_using_bad_version_title". And your res folder may show up errors. Reading the error description gives us some hints.
Description : "auth_client_using_bad_version_title" is translated here but not found in default locale
Issue: Checks for translations that appear to be unused (no default language string) Id: ExtraTranslation
If a string appears in a specific language translation file, but there is no corresponding string in the default locale, then this string is probably unused. (It's technically possible that your application is only intended to run in a specific locale, but it's still a good idea to provide a fallback.).
Note that these strings can lead to crashes if the string is looked up on any locale not providing a translation, so it's important to clean them up.
Resolving this issue
Depending upon the languages that you have set for your Project you need to place auth_strings.xml files from values folder from google-play-services-lib library folder to you project values folder.
Suppressing this error message
If you want to suppress this error message,
For Eclipse running on Windows OS,
- Goto Window- > Preferences -> Android -> Lint Error Checking -> Correctness: Messages
- Now Select Extra Translations and make it from Fatal to Warning.
- Goto : Eclipse -> Preferences -> Android -> Lint Error Checking -> Correctness: Messages Now Select Extra Translations and make it from Fatal to Warning.
For Eclipse running on Mac OSX,
Now if you try to build your apk for the project folder you will not get this error message, instead, it will be showed as a warning.
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine
- How to create Toast messages in Android?
- Java: Check Internet connection on Android Device (Wifi or Mobile)
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code
- Android RatingBar Example
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Audio Video Network protocols supported by Android OS Devices
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Check Internet Connection WIFI 4G is active on Android Programmatically
- Change Height of Android ActionBar
- Generate Facebook Android SDK keyhash using java code
- How to hide or cancel Toast message in Android Programming
- Make Android Toolbar text center aligned
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App
- How to repeat background image in Android Activity
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- [FIX] AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main - java.lang.RuntimeException NullPointerException
- Android Eclipse This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in
- How to Add a horizontal line in Android Layout
- Android Disable back button programatically
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution]
- Fixing Android unknown error 961 while downloading app
- Share Image and Text on Instagram from Android App using Share Dialog
- How to add border to Android Button