The Java JDK 21 is the latest LTS version of Java which is now available with IDEA IntelliJ IDE - the most popular IDE for Java and Kotlin app development.
To work with Java OpenJDK 21, you can download the latest version of IntelliJ Community or Ultimate version from JetBrains download page - https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download
When you create a new project, you will see JDK - 21 Oracle OpenJDK version 21 being selected.
If you are using an older version of IntelliJ, you can select from the dropdown - "Add SDK -> Java JDK" and choose Java 21, or choose JDK that you have downloaded on your device.
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2.2 (Ultimate Edition) on a M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to Enable Java JDK 21 Preview Features on IntelliJ
- How to use Java JDK 21 with IntelliJ
- [JEP 430] Java JDK 21 New Feature - String Templates (Preview)
- Java JDK 21 LTS Version Release Date (General Availability)
- How to install and Use Java JDK 21 Initial Release Candidate
- Java JDK 21 - The Latest LTS Version
- [JEP 431] Java JDK 21 New Feature - Sequenced Collections
- Setting Up VS Code with Java JDK 21
- Installing Java JDK 21 Final Release Candidate
- Search text in Eclipse Console logs - Eclipse
- Add Buttons at the bottom of Android Layout xml file - Android
- Customizing Notepad++ New Document Line Encoding: CR/LF/CR LF - NotepadPlusPlus
- Prettify JSON in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Auto Refresh Webpage after every x Second or Minute using Meta Tag? - Html
- How to Create a Git Branch in 6 Different ways - Git
- Fix: Spring Boot: SQLException: Access denied for user root@localhost (using password: YES) - Java
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location - SharePoint