If you see an error like "java: invalid source release" when you run a Java class in IntelliJ IDE then follow the below steps to fix this issue.
- Right Click on your Project/Module folder.
- Now select "Open Module Settings..."
- Next click on Project under Project Settings.
- Make sure that Langauge Level is lower or equal to the SDK (Java JDK) version you have selected.
- Click OK.
- Run your Java program again and it should work without any issues.
For example, if you have set the SDK version as Java 1.8, you should select Language level as 1.8 or below and not Java 9 or higher.
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human with IDEA IntelliJ 2023.02 version on a M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- CRUD operations in Spring Boot + JDBC
- Java Check Leap Year - Programs with Code Examples
- [fix] Java JDBC ConnectException: Connection refused
- How to add hours and minutes to Java Instant
- Java Program: Random Number Generator
- Java: The value of the local variable string is not used
- How to get list of all Java versions installed on macOS
- Java SE JDBC with Prepared Statement Parameterized Select Example
- Java + Spring JDBC Template + Gradle Example
- Convert String to LocalDate in Java
- Remove Trailing zeros BigDecimal Java
- Java 8 Predicate Functional Interface isEqual() Method Example
- How to Hardcode Date in Java with Examples
- Java 8: Predicate negate() default Function Example
- Java: Collect Stream as ArrayList or LinkedList
- The Motivation Behind Generics in Java Programming
- How to Add/Subtract Days to the Current Date in Java
- Error: Can not find the tag library descriptor for
- Setting up JUnit 5 dependency with Maven Example
- Run Java Code Every Second
- How to create a tar.gz file using Java
- [Fix] java: integer number too large compilation error
- Java 8: Find the Max value in a List
- Your JBoss Application Server 7 is running However you have not yet added any users to be able to access the admin console
- Convert Java Array to ArrayList Code Example
- Java + Spring JDBC Template + Gradle Example - Java
- How to share SharePoint site or document with all users in organization - SharePoint
- osascript wants to make changes while Android Studio Installation on Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- [fix] AWS S3 make_bucket failed: An error occurred (InvalidBucketName) when calling the CreateBucket operation. - S3
- How to remove JetBrains Toolbox from Mac Startup - HowTos
- How to install brew on macOS Ventura - MacOS
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine - Android
- Create an AWS User using CLI2 Command at a specific Path - AWS