Note: This article is applicable to macOS Ventura 13.0 and above.
At times you may not want your Mac device to go to sleep as you keep it idle. In such a case you need to change the settings on your macOS so that the device do not get locked.
Steps to prevent Mac from Sleeping
- Click on the Apple logo on the Menubar.
- Now select System Settings...
- From the sidebar select Lock Screen.
- Now make the following changes.
- Start Screen Saver when inactive: Never
- Turn display off on battery when inactive: Never
- Turn display off on power adapter when inactive: Never
Do take note if you are using a MacBook Air/Pro Laptop - Never letting your display go to sleep may shorten battery life.
This article is demonstrated on macOS Sonoma 14.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- How to know the Serial Number of MacBook on macOS Ventura 13.0
- macOS: Remove Desktop or Documents Folder from iCloud Drive Syncing
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to install Zoom Add-in to Outlook (Mac)
- How to turn off Stage Manager - macOS Ventura
- Fix - Xode - Internal logic error: Connection was invalidated
- How to do calculations in Mac Terminal
- How to delete a Page in Microsoft Word File on Mac (macOS)
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Disable Mac Terminal Bell Sound
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to Uninstall Brew on Mac
- Find your macOS version
- Change TextEdit File Encoding
- AppleScript Example with TextEdit
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- How to Find File and Directory Size in Mac Terminal
- How to open new tab in Sublime Text Editor [macOS]
- How to list all users in Mac Terminal
- Turn off Auto-Capitalization on macOS Ventura 13
- How to check Command Line Tools Version [Updated for Ventura]
- Change Current User Password using Mac Terminal Command
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures - Microsoft
- [Solution] IntelliJ: Cannot find declaration to go to, Nothing here, Java file outside of source root Errors - Java
- Removing a key from Python Dict - Python
- How to add Date and Time to Windows Notepad File - NotepadPlusPlus
- Microsoft Teams: Delay in sending and receiving messages - TM495986 - Teams
- Notepad++ display files on tab bar as horizontal instead of vertical - NotepadPlusPlus
- ASCII Code Table - table
- How to add a Task List to Quick View Menu in SharePoint Online Site - SharePoint