10 FTP SFTP Clients and Alternatives
Posted on : Wed, 14th Oct 15 10:28 am UTC
- FileZilla : The free FTP Solution
- Works with Windows, Linux, BSD, Mac OS X.
- Supports : FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- IPv6 Support.
- Language support.
- Resume and transfer of large files > 4GB
- Drag & drop support
- HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP-Proxy support
- Remote file editing and search
- Remote file search
- WinSCP : Free SFTP, SCP and FTP client : Supports only Windows.
- FireFTP : Free, open-source, cross-platform FTP client for Mozilla Firefox in the form of an add-on. It supports FTP, FTPS, and SFTP.
- Transmit : Works only on Mac OS X, developed by Panic. Note : You need to buy the product, 7 day trail period.
- ProFTPD : Console based open-source, compatible with Unix and Windows (via Cygwin)
- CrushFTP : Its a shareware, works with Mac OS X, Linux, Unix and Windows OS.
- Cyberduck : Free, Open-source, works with Mac OS X only.
- BitKinex : Free FTP client for Windows OS.
- MicroFTP : A free, small FTP Client.
- FTP! : FTP client for Windows. Supports FTP, FTPS, and SFTP protocols.
- Download and upload multiple files simultaneously
- Wildcards in file transfer
- Multi tab interface
- Supports large files (2GB plus) for file transfer
mission is to share varied knowledge in technical
and non-technical areas gathered during day-to-day learnings and development activities so that our visitors can leverage this portal to find solutions to their queries without
re-inventing the wheel. Technical posts include Learnings, Tutorials
, Video Tutorials, Code Snippets, Tips-n-tricks.
Follow us : Facebook
- Google +