If you are trying to access Teams online at teams.microsoft.com on your web browser or the native app on Windows or macOS and you see the error "Operation failed with unexpected error" there could be various reasons for it.
The first thing that you should check is if there is a service outage reported by Microsoft on the Service Health page for Microsft 365 for Teams.
Service Health Status: https://status.office.com
If you are an admin, you can see more details under Microsoft 365 Admin Centerunder -> Health -> Service Health: https://portal.office.com/adminportal/home?#/servicehealth
If you do not see any outage or advisory, then you can try to do the following troubleshooting steps.
Try to access Teams using an App on a Computer or Mobile Phone instead of the browser.
Make sure that the Teams app is up-to-date.
Restart the Teams app and try again.
Clear cache and try again.
Close Teams app and open Run and open %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams and delete all folders within it.
Close Teams app and open Terminal and go to ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams and delete all folders within it.
Make sure you have a stable internet connection, try with another connection.
Make sure any proxy settings are causing connectivity issues.
Check if Antivirus or firewall is blocking access to Teams.
The above options should help to resolve issues where you are unable to download Teams, join a meeting, or issues where trying to login. If still nothing works reach out to your Scholl or Organization IT Admin.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to start Microsoft Teams on Mac Startup
- 5 ways to pop out a Chat in Microsoft Teams
- Fix - Microsoft Teams Error Code - 80090016
- How to track and download Microsoft Teams meeting attendance report of participants/students
- How to know the version of Teams installed
- How to Install Microsoft Teams App on M1 or M2 Mac
- Fix - You're missing out! Ask your admin to enable Microsoft Teams
- How to fix Microsoft Teams Error Code caa70004
- [Microsoft Teams] You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization.
- Microsoft Teams Error - You cannot add another work account to Teams at the moment
- Fix Microsoft Teams error We're sorry—we have run into an issue Try again
- Microsoft Teams: Delay in sending and receiving messages - TM495986
- How to enable Do Not Disturb (DND) mode in Microsoft Teams
- Fix Microsoft Teams Admin Center error - The Security zone setting isnt configured correctly
- Microsoft Teams - Where would you like to start - Business or Personal
- Microsoft Teams adds New Conversation Button
- How to Quit Microsoft Teams when App Closed on Mac
- Microsoft Teams: Sign-in is blocked error
- How to Uninstall Microsoft Teams on Mac
- Enable and reduce background noise in Microsoft Teams with AI-based noise suppression
- How to install Microsoft Teams on Mac using Terminal (Silently)
- How to Enable Dark Mode Theme in Microsoft Teams
- Error code - 7: There's a more permanent way to sign in to Microsoft Teams
- Common Microsoft Teams sign in errors and how to fix
- Teams - You're offline. Messages you send while offline will be sent when you're back online
- How to refresh Safari on Mac (macOS) using keyboard shortcut - MacOS
- iPhone Message: A new iOS update is now available. Please update from the iOS 14 beta. - Apple
- Compare two files in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to create volume in Docker using Command - Docker
- JSON Tutorial: List of Lessons - Json-Tutorial
- Step-by-Step Guide: How to Fix - Error Establishing a Database Connection in WordPress - PHP
- zsh: command not found: brew [fix] - zsh
- Java Join Strings with Comma Separator - Java