Some earlier SharePoint features or tools have been deprecated from the latest 2016 version. They are gone for now, but we can always expect them to be back in a different or alternate form.
These features are included in the preview for compatibility with previous versions.
Stsadm.exe - The Stsadm command-line tool has been deprecated and users are recommended to use Windows PowerShell for performing administrative command-line tasks. Stsadm is still included to support compatibility with previous product versions.
SharePoint Foundation - The "free" foundation edition of SharePoint will not be available with SharePoint 2016 which has most of the basic functionality and architecture capabilities of commercial editions of SharePoint. Forefront Identity Manager client (FIM) - SharePoint 2016 does not use ForeFront Identity Manager client (FIM) to synchronize between the SharePoint and Active Directory. The default process now is Active Directory Import and synchronization tools like Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 or any third-party tool can also be used for this.
InfoPath - The new version of InfoPath will not be released. The previous version of InfoPath 2013 will be available and supported. InfoPath Forms Services will be included in this version.
Standalone Install Mode - SharePoint 2016 will not support the standalone installation option and is not present with the setup. Use the new MinRole option during installation and choose one of the available install options. It provides an out-of-the-box experience that provides topology recommendations, simplifies on-premises server farm deployments, and reduces the unit of scale to simplify capacity planning while providing predictable performance characteristics through enabling selective provisioning of SharePoint server roles based on position and function within a topology.
Excel Services - Excel Services capabilities are not available in SharePoint 2016. Excel Services functionality is now part of Excel Online in Office Online Server Preview, and SharePoint users can use the services from there. Trusted data providers, file locations, data connection libraries, Unattended service account are some of the removed features.
SharePoint Designer - A new version of SharePoint Designer will not be released with SharePoint 2016. The older version SharePoint Designer 2013 will be there and support. Tags and Notes - The Tags and Notes feature is deprecated in SharePoint Server 2016 and users cannot create new tags and notes or access existing ones. The SharePoint Administrator can archive all existing tags and notes by using the Export-SPTagsAndNotesData cmdlet.
Business Intelligence - SharePoint 2016 requires updated versions that will be released later this year. The SQL Server 2014 Power Pivot and Power View add-ins for SharePoint 2013 cannot be deployed or used in SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview. Business Intelligence features like Power Pivot Gallery, Scheduled Data Refresh, Power View reports, Power Pivot Management Dashboard will not be available until the next release.
New features and enhancements in SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - http://code2care.org/2015/sharepoint-server-2016-it-preview---new-improved-features-and-enhancements
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Excel error - The workbook cannot be opened because it contains the following features that are not supported by Excel in the browser
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to show or hide columns in SharePoint Online List Library from
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- Special character & not working with SharePoint REST API
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- SharePoint installation error - Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
- How to add animated Gif to SharePoint Online Page
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- How to comment out a block of code in Python - Python
- Upload a File in Microsoft SharePoint using PowerShell Script - SharePoint
- How to remove JetBrains Toolbox from Mac Startup - HowTos
- Using Document Map in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- ModuleNotFoundError: No module named qdarkstyle.colorsystem [Python] - Python
- How to Run PowerShell Script (Mac/Windows/Linux) - Powershell
- Java SE JDBC with Prepared Statement Parameterized Select Example - Java
- How to Initialize ArrayList Java with Values - Java