If you got this error message when trying to run eclipse.exe on Windows Operating system, then its probably because Eclipse bundle that you downloaded was not correctly unzipped.
How to resolve this issue
- Delete the Eclipse folder where the setup was extracted.
- Now extract it again with a well known unzip tool (have a look at the extension of the compressed file zip,rar, tar or 7-zip and use a extract tool that supports it).
- Now try running eclipse.exe and you must be able to launch it .
If it does not work
- Try running eclipse.exe with administration rights (right click -> Run as Administrator) .
- Make sure that the zipped setup is not corrupted. If it is , download it again for the eclipse website.
- Check JAVA version that is being installed and if it is installed correctly.