Sharepoint Server 2016 installation Prerequisites with download links
Posted on : Sat, 12th Sep 15 11:09 am UTC
SharePoint Server 2016 - Prerequisites
The prerequisites for SharePoint Server 2016 are similar to the ones for SharePoint Server 2013.
These can be installed either via the Prerequisite Installer or manually.
List of required prerequisites -
- Application Server Role, Web Server (IIS) Role - These roles can be enabled from the Server Manager. Refer http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2765260 for adding and enabling these roles via PowerShell.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client - This installs with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Feature Pack http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29065. This will include collection of stand-alone packages which provide additional value for Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
- Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server - Get this here - This is a DLL containing run-time support for applications using native-code APIs to connect to Microsoft SQL Server and Windows Azure SQL Database - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36434.
- Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 SP1 (x64) - This is a synchronization platform which enables collaboration and offline scenarios for applications, services, and devices. This service pack is intended to fix a handful of bugs as well as to transition to a public-facing change tracking API that is new in SQL Compact 3.5 SP2 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17616.
- Windows Server AppFabric 1.1 - This is a set of integrated technologies that make it easier to build, scale, and manage Web and composite applications that run on IIS. It provides out-of-the-box capabilities for you to easily build and manage composite applications - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27115.
- Cumulative Update Package 1 for Microsoft AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server (KB2671763) - This hotfix package resolves several issues and adds several features that are described here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2671763.
- Microsoft Identity Extensions - This enables interoperable federated access to SharePoint 3.0 sites using the WS-Federation standard. It is built using the Windows Identity Foundation and supports use of ADFS 2.0 as an identity provider - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15373.
- Microsoft Information Protection and Control Client - The Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) Client 2.x is software designed for your computers to help protect access to and usage of information flowing through applications that use AD RMS - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=528177.
- Microsoft WCF Data Services 5.0 - This enables creation and consumption of data services for the Web according to version 3 of the Open Data Protocol (OData), which facilitates data access and change via standard HTTP verbs. WCF Data Services 5.0 includes .NET Framework server and client libraries as well as Silverlight client libraries - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29306.
- Microsoft WCF Data Services 5.6 - This will update the NuGet packages referenced by the WCF Data Services item templates to version 5.6.3. This installer also makes the code generation for consuming OData V3 endpoints available for all current and future .Net 4.5.X versions - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45308.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 - This framework is a highly compatible, in-place update to the previous 4.X frameworks. It can run along with .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and earlier versions of the .NET Framework - http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2934520.
- Update for Microsoft .NET Framework to disable RC4 in Transport Layer Security (KB2898850) - This resolves a security issue that has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise a system and gain access to information - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42883.
- Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2013 - This installs run-time components that are required to run applications that are developed by using Visual Studio 2013 on computers that do not have Visual Studio 2013 installed - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784.
The prerequisites should be installed before installing SharePoint Server 2016. The installation will take a bit longer and will ask for multiple restarts. Once the server is restarted, you need to run the prerequisites installer again till all necessary components are installed and competed.
mission is to share varied knowledge in technical
and non-technical areas gathered during day-to-day learnings and development activities so that our visitors can leverage this portal to find solutions to their queries without
re-inventing the wheel. Technical posts include Learnings, Tutorials
, Video Tutorials, Code Snippets, Tips-n-tricks.
Follow us : Facebook
- Google +