After installing the homebrew on my macOS, when I ran the brew command on the Terminal app I received the error zsh: command not found: brew
Solution to brew not found error!
When you install brew in macOS it gets installed at the location - /opt/homebrew, in order to run the brew command you need to cd this location and get into the bin directory and run the brew commands.
The above solution will work but is not an ideal way of running the brew command, it's better to add the path of brew installation in the .zshrc file
- Open the .zshrc file using command: nano ~/.zshrc,
- Now add the following to the file: export PATH="$PATH:/opt/homebrew/bin/"
- Save the file by pression Control + X followed by Enter.
- Apply the changes by command: source ~/.zshrc
Now you can run the brew command from anywhere!
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search - SharePoint
- Change Terminal Cursor Type in Mac (MacOS Shell) - MacOS
- How to change Android Button Color using xml attribute and programatically using java - Android
- WARNING: pip is being invoked by an old script wrapper. This will fail in a future version of pip. - PIP