After installing the homebrew on my macOS, when I ran the brew command on the Terminal app I received the error zsh: command not found: brew
Solution to brew not found error!
When you install brew in macOS it gets installed at the location - /opt/homebrew, in order to run the brew command you need to cd this location and get into the bin directory and run the brew commands.
The above solution will work but is not an ideal way of running the brew command, it's better to add the path of brew installation in the .zshrc file
- Open the .zshrc file using command: nano ~/.zshrc,
- Now add the following to the file: export PATH="$PATH:/opt/homebrew/bin/"
- Save the file by pression Control + X followed by Enter.
- Apply the changes by command: source ~/.zshrc
Now you can run the brew command from anywhere!
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to make zsh as the default shell on Ubuntu
- Fix zsh: permission denied: script.sh
- Fix for zsh: command not found: brew
- Ubuntu zsh: command not found: nano
- zsh: exec format error eclipse M1 Mac
- Resolve - zsh: command not found: code
- Fix - zsh: command not found: conda [macOS]
- zsh: command not found [fix] macOS
- Indent Python code in Notepad++ - Python
- Find Java JRE Installation location Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- Android : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException File contains a path separator - Android
- Read and Parse XML file using Java DOM Parser [Java Tutorial] - Java
- How to fix java.net.NoRouteToHostException in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- pip get list of all outdated Python packages - Python
- iOS Fix: This app is no longer shared with you. To use it, you must buy it from the App Store. - Apple
- [Gmail] Calling in Hangouts will be turned off soon. - News