Swift is a new easy to learn programming language developed by Apple inc. for developing Cocoa and Cocoa Touch apps.
Apple introduced Swift during their WWDC 2014 Developer's conference,
Some of the features of Swift
- Swift is a multi-paradigm programming language (supports more than one programming language)
- It took ideas from languages such as Objective-C , Rust , Haskell, Ruby, Python, C# and CLU
- It is designed to work with both Cocoa and Cocoa Touch Framework.
- It is built with the LLVM complier included in XCode 6.
- It uses Objective-C runtime.
- Languages like C , Objective-C, Objective-C++ and Swift code can run within a single program.
- Simplified memory management with ARC (Automatic Reference Counting)
- Its' Framework Stack is based on Foundation and Cocoa
- It is a type safe language