In this Tutorial, we will see step-by-step how to install Python on Visual Studio Code and execute the "Hello World" program to test!
Step 1: Prerequisites
- Make sure you have Python 3 Installed on your device.
- Make sure you have Visual Studio Code Installed on your device (Windows/Mac/Linux)
Tutorial: Installing Python using Brew
Step 2: Downloading VS Code Python Extension
- Open VS Code,
- Now Open Palette using Keyboard shortcuts:
For Windows: Ctrl + Shift + P
For Mac: ⌘ Command + Shift + P
- Now Type and select > Extensions: Install Extensions
- Now Search for Python and click install.
- And you are all set to get started with Python Programming in VS Code!
Step 3: Testing using Hello Python! Program
- From the Menu select File -> New File
- Wirte print("Hello Python!")
- Save the file as "hello.py"
- You will see an alert "Do you want to install the recommended extensions for Python?" click Install
- Go to your hello.py file and you should see a execute button at the top (as shown in the image), click on it
- You should see Hello Python! on Console!
Have Questions? Post them here!
- tkinter - Hello World! Program
- How to install Python Specific version (3.8, 3.9 or 3.10) using Brew
- How to install SpaCy (NLP Library) on Mac
- Python matplotlib segmentation fault: 11 macOS Big Sur
- How to uninstall pip Python packages
- 3 Ways to find if element is present in a List in Python
- How to Convert Python String to DateTime Object
- Python f-strings Formatted String Literals Syntax and Examples
- Where does brew install python in macOS
- Take input argument from command line in Python Programming
- Advanced print() Function Tutorial and Techniques for Python Developers
- How to add borders to tkinter label text
- Whats new in Python 3.10 Pre-release
- Float built-in function in Python
- List of All 35 Reserved Keywords in Python Programming Language 3.11
- How to check if Key Exists in Python Dictionary?
- Read a file line by line in Python Program
- ModuleNotFoundError: No module named qdarkstyle.colorsystem [Python]
- What is the Max and Minimum Value of int type in Python?
- What is Terminal Velocity and its Formula? How to calculate it programmatically?
- Fix: TypeError: can only concatenate str (not int) to str in Python
- How to take user input from the console in a Python program
- [Fix] TypeError: str object is not callable in Python
- 3 Python program to add two numbers
- How to delete a file using Python code example
- How to generate ssh key? - HowTos
- How to add a Task List to Quick View Menu in SharePoint Online Site - SharePoint
- How to Use Command Prompt on a Mac? - MacOS
- How to find AUTO_INCREMENT Fields value in MySQL table - MySQL
- String Boot + Redis - SET and GET String Commands Examples - Java
- Implementing Android Text to Speech Example - Android