In this Tutorial, we will see step-by-step how to install Python on Visual Studio Code and execute the "Hello World" program to test!
Step 1: Prerequisites
- Make sure you have Python 3 Installed on your device.
- Make sure you have Visual Studio Code Installed on your device (Windows/Mac/Linux)
Tutorial: Installing Python using Brew
Step 2: Downloading VS Code Python Extension
- Open VS Code,
- Now Open Palette using Keyboard shortcuts:
For Windows: Ctrl + Shift + P
For Mac: ⌘ Command + Shift + P
- Now Type and select > Extensions: Install Extensions
- Now Search for Python and click install.
- And you are all set to get started with Python Programming in VS Code!
Step 3: Testing using Hello Python! Program
- From the Menu select File -> New File
- Wirte print("Hello Python!")
- Save the file as "hello.py"
- You will see an alert "Do you want to install the recommended extensions for Python?" click Install
- Go to your hello.py file and you should see a execute button at the top (as shown in the image), click on it
- You should see Hello Python! on Console!
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Comments in Python Programming
- tkinter - Hello World! Program
- How to install Python 3.11 on Mac
- Python matplotlib segmentation fault: 11 macOS Big Sur
- Change label (text) color in tkinter
- Python Hello World! Program with code example (snippet)
- Calculate discount amount python code
- Take input argument from command line in Python Programming
- How to pip install Python Modules in VSCode
- Tkinter - add x and y padding to label text
- Python raise error with message example
- Check if String Contains a Substring - Python
- Python Program To Calculate Simple Interest (SimpleInterest.py)
- What does b prefix before a String mean in Python?
- What is Terminal Velocity and its Formula? How to calculate it programmatically?
- How to List all Packages installed using pip [Python]
- Convert Float to String in Python
- Change the background of Tkinter label or text
- How to Install Python Modules in VS Code
- Indent Python code in Notepad++
- Validate email address in Python using regular expression (regex)
- Python: Fix command not found pip or pip3 on zsh shell
- TypeError: must be str, not int [Fix Python]
- ModuleNotFoundError: No module named qdarkstyle.colorsystem [Python]
- Python - Convert float to String
- List of Java Simple Date Formats (Cheatsheet) - Java
- Python Program To Calculate Simple Interest (SimpleInterest.py) - Python
- INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE Android Error - Android
- Simple Struts 2 Tutorial in eclipse with tomcat 7 server - Java
- Hide files and folders on Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- [Solution] The connection to the remote PC was lost, preparing to reconnect - Windows RDP - Windows
- Make Bootstrap Button look like a link - Bootstrap
- How to Copy Entire Directory to another Directory in Linux - Linux