The user receives the error message 'URL is invalid' while uploading the file to SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013 document library. The problem is not limited to any specific file format, it may occur with Docx, xlsx, pdf, others.
The URL [file name] is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not on the current Web.
How to fix URL is invalid SharePoint errorVersion Column
The problem may occur when the Version column is configured as an Indexed Column. Remove the Version column from the list of Indexed Columns to fix.
- Navigate to the library/list with problem.
- From Ribbon --> Library tab --> Library Settings.
- Click Fields --> Indexed Columns.
- Click Indexed Columns --> Version.
- Click Delete --> click OK.
- Re-upload the problematic file again.
The problem may occur when the default value for date column is incorrect, maybe an invalid format. Make sure the value for the date/time filed is in the expected format.
Make necessary changes and re-try, the file should be uploaded now.
The problem maybe sometimes with the file itself and not the contents. Copy the contents to a new file and try uploading, this works in many cases.PE| More help with ULS logs
If you still can't figure out the problem, check SharePoint logs (C:\Program files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS) or ask Microsoft support to provide you the logs, deep dive into the logs to find the issue and fix. Contact Microsoft Support for further help
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- Check Bluetooth is turned on or off on Android device programmatically [Java Code] - Android
- How to verify if java is installed on the computer and get version detail - Java
- JSON Syntax : JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- Android-Failed to install apk on device EOF Timeout Error - Android